-13- Two Questions

"Kiri has two questions." Kirishima spoke playing with a strand of Bakugou's golden blonde hair.

"What is it?" He asked making Kirishima sigh.

"Baku loves Kiri yes?" Bakugou seemed taken aback by the question.

"Yes! Of course I do!" He exclaimed making the red head frown.

"Unconditionally?" He asked.

"How did you learn a big word like that! Of course I do!" He seemed proud of Kirishima but his beaming smile fell when he saw Kirishima's lip tremble. 

"Hey Baby, What's wrong?" He asked looking the mer in the eyes, they were watering.

"Please Baku, love different human. I-" He stopped his sentence.

"Whoa. What's going on here!" Bakugou exclaimed never seeing his boyfriend be this soft around him.

"Kiri can't do that to Baku. Kiri can't see Baku's face..." He sobbed not knowing what to do, he never showed emotions like these but hearing about what he had to do with such limited time, it broke him down.

"Kirishima what's wrong. I need you to talk to me ok?" He cupped Kirishima's face but he didn't give a response, he just looked at Bakugou. 

"Shinsou I-I can't hurt him like that. It'll break my heart to do that to him." He spoke to Shinsou in his native language knowing that he know what he was talking about.

"I know, but it's the only way... I don't know what to tell you but if you don't he'll stay human forever..." Shinsou cleared his throat making Bakugou look back to him.

"Do you want to become like us, mermaids." He asked Bakugou who gave an eager nod.

"And your willing to do whatever for that?" He asked again as Kirishima sobbed.

"Anything. I want to be like Kirishima so I can help him. What's going on!" He exclaimed getting frustrated from not knowing everything.

"Then you have to make a huge decision in a couple of days can you do that?" He asked making Bakugou nod yet again. "This decision is very important it will be painful for you and Kirishima. He refuses to do it but if you tell him to he will." He was beating around the bush hopping Kirishima will tell him.

"B-Baku had t-to be..." He trailed off, sobbing again.

"To become a mermaid, you have to be drowned to death by the person you love unconditionally." Bakugou's eyes shot wide. Kirishima already knew it was his worst fear, he would never do that to Bakugou, he would hate him for the rest of his life and reject him after causing the two of them to die, it would have all been for nothing and he would die with a broken heart. He would rather be with a human then heartbroken. Bakugou started to tremble.

"Kiri. Is that true?" He asked making sure the Beta wasn't messing with him. Kirishima had stopped crying now, more focused on taking care of his Omega.

"Yes." He mumbled dropping his head.

"O-Oh..." Bakugou trailed off thinking things over.

"Kiri want it to be Baku's choice not Kiri's." He uttered. "I-Is okay if Baku no wa-" He was cut off by Bakugou pressing their lips together.

"I just want a few days go think about it ok? I haven't said no yet." He responded while breaking from the kiss.

"Well... You only have a day or two before Kirishima's rut starts." Bakugou looked back to Shinsou.

"What does his rut have anything to do with it?" He asks getting pulled closer by Kirishima.

"It won't work after his first rut." Shinsou explained.

"Oh! That's why you wanted to postpone your rut!" He exclaimed as everything clicking in his head.

"Yes." Kirishima mumbled before stuffing his face into Bakugou's shoulder seeking comfort, Bakugou's hand found itself rubbing Kirishima's back soothingly.

"It's alright, let me think about it for a few hours and I'll get back to you ok?" Kirishima shakily nodded before taking a deep breath in. "Do you want to go somewhere alone and cuddle?" He asked making Kirishima nod again.

"Alright, let's go back to that cave yeah?" Kirishima pulled his head out of his shoulder and looked at the water, swimming didn't seem very appealing to him but he also wanted to be alone. He took Bakugou to the water and began lazily swimming towards the cave they know and love.

"What the fuck was that." Ashido blurted out.

"It's going to be hard for them to get over this. I don't think I could ever murder the person I love, especially if their biggest fear was drowning..." Shinsou said making everyone turn to him.

"How do you know his biggest fear is drowning?" Kaminari asks.

"Just by seeing how he reacts when drowning is a present threat. When he was being beat up by those two breeders he had no fear in his eyes but when those waves crashed into the shore he freaked out." Shinsou explained making them all form 'O's with their mouths

"So Bakugou is afraid of drowning? And Kirishima has to drown him for them to be together properly?" Midoriya asked.

"Pretty much." Shinsou responded. 

"It must be destroying the two of them emotionally. Bakugou especially, he tends to overthink he always has, so now of all times he has to make this important decision that will hurt their relationship either way in a matter of days. It seems like a living hell..." Ashido spoke calmly but they all were worried about their friends wellbeing. They collectively sighed before sitting in silence.