-2- Water Bad

So glad you decided to stay! Here's no warnings this chapter! Little bit of angst tho!

Bakugou heard tons of splashing and commotion before the sound of a motor boat came into his hearing range. He knew it was Ashido and the life guards again, the mer hugged him tighter as the boat came onto the shore. He heard the same lifeguard from the day before sighing.

"Well this ones new. Usually they just want to mess around and play with humans. This ones been showing up a lot on the shore searching for something though..." He clicked his tongue.

"Let go of him you big fish." He poked the mermaid with a long metal rod, managing to push his tail away from covering Bakugou. He growled loudly and tried to bite and grab at the pole, eventually grasping it with its hand and snapping it in half from the sheer pressure it was gripping it.

"Baku." It growled from under its breath, clutching Bakugou into its chest harder while bringing its tail to cover him again, this time fanning it out more defensively, its spines pointing and spreading apart.

"Well. That was all we got. Usually they just drop the human and swim off. This one seems pretty attached though. Say your goodbyes." The lifeguard said matter-of-factly while turning away.

"There isn't anything else you can do?! You're just going to abandon him here!?" Ashido shouted.

"Unless you want to deal with that thing no. Besides, he hasn't responded this whole time, I wouldn't be surprised if he had drowned and that mermaid is holding a dead body right now." Bakugou heard the boat start back up.

"Wait!" Ashido shouted.

"It's no use, it wont understand you plus when it's ready to return the man it will just leave him on the shore, dead or alive. They don't eat people. If you really want we can wait it out farther away, and when the mer leaves for a good few minutes we can grab him." The lifeguard suggested.

"That sounds good." Ashido responded and the boat started up again pulled out from the sandbank. Once the boat was a good distance away the mer dropped its defence and slapped its tail happily on the wet sand.

"Baku!" It exclaimed smiling at him, it loosened its grip letting Bakugou sit on top of its tail, the other mer's didn't seem to come back. He looked to the mermaid in front of him and decided learning a bit couldn't be too bad.

"You know my name but whats yours?" The mer tilted its head in confusion making Bakugou sigh, he poked the mer's chest copying what it had done to him, the mer looked from Bakugou's hand to his face back and forth as he continued to poke at its chest.

"K- Ki-" He mouthed out the letters.

"Kiri-" There was obviously more to the name but that was all he could get out, he trilled and slapped his tail.

"Kiri?" Bakugou asked making the mer trill again and slap his tail more.

"Kiri. Where is your mate?" He asked but the mer didn't understand.

"Mate?" He asked again trying to simplify the sentence.

"M-Mate..." It pronounced.

"Yes, mate." He repeated. All the mer did was poke his chest and repeat the word.

"Mate!" He exclaimed poking his chest before pulling him into a hug.

"Wait! What?! No! I'm not your mate! I have legs!" Bakugou exclaimed while pushing away making the mer tilt his head yet again, this time with a frown.

"Mate?" It asked.

"No, not mate. Baku." He thought that maybe it thought that was his name.

"Baku mate!" The mer exclaimed pulling him back into his chest and trilling loudly. Bakugou pushed himself off its chest again and began trying to explain.