✈︎ Chapter Twenty

Fast forward to a few weeks later because I'm lazy and dumb :D

✈︎

"so you've met him." Jaemin almost flinched at the sudden voice in his dark room. Rolling his eyes, closing the door behind him and dropping his bag on the wooden floor with a soft thud.

"Met who?" He sighed tiredly, turning on the lights, the brightness of the lightbulb shows Taeyong sitting on his desk chair with his arms crossed and his back leaned against the seat.

It's been a long and tiring few weeks. Jaemin could really use some deep sleep right now, probably use his powers again to do something about it. But he's fighting that damn urge, considering of his punishment.

He didn't know being human and living on this damn place can make him feel like dying. Again.

However, even though he just wants to surrender or even do favors for his friends, mostly Chenle and Renjun, to help him about his situation and bring him back to heaven. He doesn't.

Why? Because someone is actually keeping him a bit lively than expected. Unbeknownst to that person that they're keeping Jaemin from doing something stupid, so far.

So, does he really want to go back to heaven and suffer there anyway but with his friends? Bahahha. No.

Jaemin had told himself, 'why need those losers when you have Jeno?' preferring to have the innocent demon boy with him instead of his bitchy friends.

Except Joshua, yeah.

Joshua is probably the only cool and nice one in his opinion (fact). Maybe his boyfriend, Jeonghan, too. But that's only when he's not being a dramatic jealous bitch over Jaemin for having the same mission as his lover.

Renjun is obviously a bitch. Chenle is a brat, but had been influenced good enough courtesy of the elder boy.

Why are they in heaven? Jaemin doesn't remember, and probably won't ever, with bullshit like that.

So anyway, having to go home after a long lecture of whatever their so called teacher blabbered about, arriving in his room, expecting to finally get some sleep, but to see Taeyong and starting to interrogate him the next second, is complete crap.

Like, what the fuck.

The archangel grunts, "Satan." He emphasized with his hands, making it sound like the answer was very obvious for Jaemin's poor sleep deprived of a brain.

"Oh." The raven haired angel boy mumbled, shrugging his shoulders in response, "yeah." Walking towards his closet to change his icky and sweaty clothes.

"What do you mean 'oh, yeah.'" Taeyong scoffed, "you met Satan." He repeats, slow and clear as if he's teaching Jaemin some words like he's a toddler.

"Yeah, I know. What about it anyway?" Jaemin said, grabbing a used dirty t-shirt and some sweatpants, heading to the bathroom to change.

His choice and sight of clothing must've been that disturbing, because the archangel sitting on the desk chair, shoulders slouched, reacted and fixed his posture. Deciding on changing the topic for a moment.

"Why do you even have that in the closet? That's supposed to be in the laundry." Taeyong grimaced, halting Jaemin on entering the bathroom as he turns to face the elder.

He ponders in thought, following a shrug of his shoulders after thinking. "I don't know," he replied.

The elder raised a brow at him, "wait– where are your other used clothes?" He asked, squinting his eyes after, scanning the younger like he had just committed a crime.

The raven haired angel boy pursed his lips, pointing at the closet with his chin. "In there." He said.

"Are they clean?"

"Of course they're clean, I literally used my power to clean t– fuck." Jaemin cussed. Covering his mouth as he sighed, surrending with his hand lowered soon after.

Taeyong tsked a few times whilst shaking his head, clearly getting through the younger's nerves and just plainly tease and mock him for his mishap.

"I'm taking two powers away and three feathers."

"What?!"

"It's the rules, you used your power on something ridiculous." Taeyong tsked again.

"My low energy and choice of using my powers to help myself in daily life isn't ridiculous. It's keeping me from actually doing something ridiculous." The raven haired boy protests.

"Well it's doing a pretty shit job."

"I didn't even do anything!" The younger exclaimed, offended.

"I didn't prank anyone, kill anyone, bitch all I've been doing these days was flirting with Jeno and admire such a pretty boy in different angles. I swear, Imma bring him to heaven where he belongs, if he'd allow me." He rambled off.

The elder had his poker face on, not buying any of Jaemin's dumb excuses. "Jaemin, you used your powers on something you can do without it. Stop using it on unnecessary times."

"But doing laundry sucks ass, I've seen how much Joshua suffers, Chenle trying to help him but can't do shit because he's like that. Then proceeds to annoy Renjun instead." Jaemin snorts.

Sighing, the elder walks over to the closet, grabbing a better and cleaner shirt, handing it over to Jaemin as he swaps it with the dirty one and throwing it in the laundry basket.

"Jaemin, you need to stop relying on your powers." He said, placing a hand on Jaemin's shoulder.

"The purpose of your 'punishment' on being here is for you to realize things and learn from those things, you can't just have fun here and think you can do whatever you want because you're immortal."

"But–"

"You're not in heaven right now, Jaem. You're here on earth, the place that's between Heaven and Hell. The place where humans live on, where those types of creatures do things by hands and not magic." He adds.

Pursing his lips, "you're human right now, Jaem. Humans don't have powers, they learn and do things without them. You need to try it too, because you've been relying on your powers a lot."

When the younger was silent, he gave a reassuring smile as he gestures towards the bathroom. "Don't fret about this too much, just... Find some ways. Maybe you'll see what I'm talking about."

Biting the inside of his cheek, Jaemin nodded a little, smiling back tiredly. "Now go change and head to bed, it's Friday tomorrow." Taeyong encouragingly pats his head.

The younger laughed, entering the bathroom as he kept Taeyong's words in mind, trying to understand and realize things while at it.

He should fight the urge more. But he needs some motivation.