✈︎ Chapter Twenty-Two

"you look tired," Jaemin comments. Brushing away Jeno's bangs that fell over on his forehead from the sweat as he looks at the boy's dull eyes.

"I think it's a human thing." Jeno replied, stepping out of the entrance doors first that was opened by Jaemin and muttering a soft 'thanks' to the elder.

"How would you know? You're a demon, sweetheart." The raven haired boy said, draping an arm around Jeno's shoulders like what he'd been doing after they've gotten closer.

"I'm not using any of my powers, I think I'm overworking and the effects are just starting to kick in now." The younger mumbled as they walked together. "Being a normal human is tiring."

Jaemin scrunched his nose and comments, "humans are weirdly weak and confusing."

Jeno giggled and shook his head, "you don't know that feeling yet, Jaeminnie. You've been using your powers at times." He said, looking up at the elder.

Jaemin scoffs at his words, "not that much anymore like before. I've been trying to get used to this 'be a human' whole thing, and I think I may be having progress." He hums.

He meets Jeno's wondering eyes and smiles. "Oh?" The blue haired boy blurts out, "what's your motivation?"

Jaemin smiles wider at Jeno's dumbfounded question, "you." Straightforward and honest. He should get more rewards after this, he deserves it.

Jeno's cheeks turned pink and looks away feeling shy, "why?" He mumbled, biting back a smile of his own.

"I'll summarize it for you. And that's because you're... You," Jaemin shrugged. "You're just my type, sweetheart." He added, leaning in to Jeno's ear to whisper his words.

The blue haired boy squeaks and pulls away to look at him, "I can't tell if that's actually the reason or you're taking this opportunity to flirt." He snickered.

The elder rolled his eyes, "I'm taking it as both." Jeno said after he saw Jaemin's face and smiles. "It's okay, I find it sweet." He shrugged this time.

"You find everything about me sweet is what I'm assuming," Jaemin whispered teasingly, leaning in to Jeno's face and puckered his lips jokingly.

To his surprise, Jeno leans in as well, pecking his cheek where it was near to his lips making Jaemin almost trip on their way. "Jesus."

"I guess you can say, you're my type too Na Jaemin." Jeno whispered before looking back to his front with a grin.

"Well shit– should I take you on a date now?" Jaemin immediately asks, voice a bit loud making it more obvious he was actually really excited on the idea. "If– if you want."

"Of course," Jeno answered nonetheless and leans in to Jaemin's side. Not making eye contact, but the elder could tell that the boy was as excited as he was.

They arrived at Jeno's house first, as always, the owner opening the gates and beckoning Jaemin to come in so they could hangout for a while, as always.

Jaemin sometimes stays for dinner. Sometimes, when he's not worrying over his unfinished schoolwork unlike Jeno who finishes his own in the library as soon as possible.