✈︎ Chapter Nine

Jeno closes the main door to his house and places his bag on the couch as he passes by the living room before heading towards the kitchen.

He grabs a cup and fills it up with some cold water and gulps it all down in a minute, he smacks his lips afterwards then puts the empty used cup in the sink.

Not really having any idea what else to do, he decided to finish up his homework early even though some subjects' due date is on Wednesday or Friday.

He could've sworn he could hear Haechan's voice saying, "we've got all the time in the world. Come have fun instead of doing that boring shit." To which he just chuckled at.

Few minutes later, he checks his work and shrugged, if he got it wrong then it's fine. Atleast he answered it than not.

He stands up stretching his limbs and checks his phone, laughing to himself when Fred sent him messages of how to do their Math homework since he was too busy doodling in class.

Fred was nice, he was awkward at first but nice later on. He knew how the school works and how people can be there, though he still looks and acts more like the new kid than Jeno is.

They walked home together, and Jeno couldn't be more happier than today. He made a new friend, did his homework, and survived his first day.

Thinking about the minor yet still impressive accomplishments he did, he packs up his things and arranges everything for the next day.

Before proceeding to head to bed and get some rest so he'll have some energy for tomorrow unlike anyone else who stays up and falls asleep in class suffering the consequences, he heads to his studies.

He closes the door and makes sure the curtains are closed as well, walking over to a small chest box on the table, opening it with the key on his necklace.

He carefully grabs the candles and the bottle of sacrificed blood before walking back to the middle of the room.

He made sure the alignment was accurate and recited the spell in his mind beforehand just in case. Taking a deep breath, he finally recites the spell aloud with his hands gesturing along as his eyes glows a light shade of red.

After finishing his spell, the area of the little thing with candles and blood he placed in the middle of the room began to smoke in black.

The smoke wasn't too strong or big, so he guesses it sort of worked. He brought his friend, even though he wanted to see his father, it was still close.

Summoning a demon isn't as easy as it seems anyway.

Coughing was heard before a familiar figure appeared clearly after the smoke cleared out thanks to Jeno's small spell blowing it away.

"Jeno!" Said boy chuckled at his friend and stood up from his kneeling position on the ground before accepting the tanned male's hug.

"Hechannie~" the blue haired boy grins as he pulled away.

"What did you summon me for? And how was your day?" Haechan asked helping Jeno clean up the ritual area in the room and placing the candles back in the chest.