017. - the sea of ice

𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔰
dix-sept. — ice skating!

Persephone ran her eyes across the contents of the book before her, one hand clutching the blanket around her shoulders tightly as she sat beside the completely frozen over Black Lake, her friends all skating over the ice as they laughed and pushe...

Persephone ran her eyes across the contents of the book before her, one hand clutching the blanket around her shoulders tightly as she sat beside the completely frozen over Black Lake, her friends all skating over the ice as they laughed and pushed each other. It was almost time for the winter solstice break — most of her friends would be returning to their homes for the half term whilst Persephone would be staying behind at Hogwarts. They were all making the most of their time together.

The sky was clouded, fog ominously strayed out of the Forbidden Forest — ever so slowly creeping over to the group as the day wore on. Icy winds kissed Persephone's pale skin as the creaking of the dying trees met her ears. Persephone found that she did not like winter all that much, it was the time of year when they had to bury the dead plants, when the trees laid bare before them no longer tall strong structures, but feeble skeletal figures.

Winter was a time of death.

Flicking her eyes up for a moment, her lips twitched into a minuscule smile and she watched Costia and Lestrange skating hand in hand across the ice quite peacefully as Druella and Walburga continued to try and tackle one another in the background. Even the boys who constantly followed Tom — who was sat reading a few feet behind her his stare quite obvious on her back — around were having fun, Abraxas showing off his skating skills to the rest of them. His gloating causing the rest of them to gang up on him and pelt him with snowballs.

Giggling silently, Persephone rested her head on her knees that were drawn up to her chest with a wishful sigh. She wished all days were like this. Days like this the weight in her chest almost felt completely lifted, forgotten. It was a feeling of comfort that she savoured with all her being.

"Princess! You have to try skating at least once," she shook her head vehemently — glancing warily at the cold hard ice. Abraxas holding his hand out to her with a stubborn pout on his face, "I'll teach you how to, it's perfectly safe!"

"I don't think so." She glanced nervously over just as Nott tripped over his own feet and face planted onto the ice, "face planting and breaking my nose wasn't anywhere on my agenda today, sorry."

Shaking his head he looked like he was going to turn away only to swoop in at the last second and hoist her over his shoulder, her blanket book and wand falling to the floor softly. Her squeals filling the air as he ran towards the ice — charming her shoes as the rest of them had so that they could glide on the ice much like muggle ice skates — Druella laughing so hard at the sight of Persephone's legs kicking in the air like an angry toddler, "Let me down, you buffoon!"

"Okay."

He placed her down on the ice, Persephone practically wrapping herself around him as her feet slid about on the ice — her grip on his arms so tight that he almost lost circulation. Laughing and shakiness drops of snow from his white hair, Abraxas wrapped his arms around her waist keeping her steady as blue eyes stared coldly at the scene, "I've got you."