003. - the feast of the gods

𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔰
trois. — slytherin house!

 — slytherin house!

It was daunting.

Standing before the towering doors that led to the great hall, Persephone felt terribly small. She could feel her heart beating rapidly out of her chest. The chatter from inside was loud and obvious, a room filled to the brim with people she didn't know, people who would judge her.

She straightened her now green and silver tie thoughtfully, frowning when she recalled Professor Dumbledore's reaction. Or lack thereof. He didn't congratulate her, but gave her a tight and slightly suspicious smile. From her conversation with Abraxas she had learned of the long going feud between Slytherin and Gryffindor house — and though she knew Dumbledore was the head of Gryffindor house she couldn't believe that a member of staff would be interested in such petty rivalry.

Wrinkling her nose at the absurdity of it all she pushed a door open as quietly as possible. She found herself frozen at the entrance, transfixed by the strange and splendid sight before her. The hall was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were already sitting tucking into their dinners — golden plates and goblets filled to the brim with a variety of foods that smelled divine. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting.

But the sight that truly captured her attention and left her awe struck was the ceiling. Above the students was the sight of the glittery heavens opening up, giving the illusion that there was no ceiling it all. It was a sight of such beauty she feared she may cry. As she was staring up at the ceiling someone was staring at her, "Princess!" she winced in embarrassment as Abraxas waved her over to the Slytherin table — several students craning their heads to get a look at the mysterious new girl. Settling into the seat beside Abraxas she glanced nervously to the group surrounding him, "I just knew you were a snake."

"Thank you?"

"Ignore him, he means it as a compliment," the girl to her left spoke in a manner in which gave Persephone the impression she was bored yet her eyes held a gleam of excitement in them, "I'm Druella Rosier," she shook her hand gently, a ghost of a smirk tugging at her lips, "and you're Persephone... Dumbledore?"

Every syllable that dripped off the girls tongue was like sweet honey, her voice as melodic and graceful as her features. As Persephone scanned the group around her she found that Druella was by far the most beautiful, with tumbling locks of raven hair and captivating blue eyes that seemed to stare into Persephone's soul, "Yes, that's me."

"It's so strange, I never realised Dumbledore had any family." One boy mused from further down the table, before becoming absorbed in his food once again, eating as though he had been starved on a desert island for years.