009. - the soul of the rose

𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔰
neuf. — engagements!

Tom found it ever so amusing, watching his knights, purebloods, and other students alike fawn over Persephone

Tom found it ever so amusing, watching his knights, purebloods, and other students alike fawn over Persephone. He allowed it to happen, he didn't need to worry — the girl belonged to him, from the beginning of time to the end of time she would be his, nothing could change that. Not Abraxas, not Druella, not even the great Albus Dumbledore could get in their way.

He also found it amusing watching Persephone traipse about the castle frantically searching for an identity that she would not find. It was all a game to him.

She was more intelligent than he could have ever imagined — second only to him — her soft heart was a surprise but day by day he could see the struggles of the world and the views of those around her darkening her soul piece by piece, soon enough she would be perfect.

But it the meantime he would have to do something about people touching what belonged to him — he wasn't that generous.

—————

Persephone was alone in her room, sprawled across her bed with piles of books surrounding her. Since the incident had happened she had been desperately searching for answers, with no idea where to start. Her friends were worried for her, the girl was hardly ever seen at meal times, but the truth was she felt no pangs of hunger. Sometimes she wondered if maybe she was just a ghost who didn't know she was dead yet. Of course that theory had been ruled out after reading all the books on ghosts and revenants.

Rolling over till she was on her front she buried her face in her pillow and let out a muffled scream. Laying there she allowed herself to just be still for a moment when a knock on the door startled her. Still laying with her head on the pillow she shouted a muffled sound that vaguely resembled a, "Come in."

"Oh, Seph." Druella's voice sounded beside her as she sat herself on the bed beside her, "Come on, we are getting you up, out of bed and away from the books today. It's a lovely Saturday and you are joining us at Hogsmead. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

Persephone groaned and allowed the girl to pull her up and hand her an apple, "Come on, we must do something about that rat's nest on your head." She sat with her back to Druella, wincing as she brushed out all the knots in her long locks. Soon enough her hair was once again flowing in a soft golden waterfall as Druella braided parts of it, "You're hair is so soft."

"What is it, Dru?" Persephone sighed out, "I can tell you want to say something." She was met with silence, "Well, won't you end this rather melodramatic suspense and tell me?"

"I'm engaged," Persephone frowned turning to face the unhappy looking girl, "Apparently Cygnus Black told his parents he was interested in me. And his parents have arranged it with mine, we are to be married after my seventh year -- at least they're still letting me finish school."