002. - the starry night

𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔰
deux. — abraxas malfoy!

Persephone hummed sleepily as she blinked her eyes open and groaned at the scratchy feeling of the sheets on her skin

Persephone hummed sleepily as she blinked her eyes open and groaned at the scratchy feeling of the sheets on her skin. Her eyes focused on the small particles of dust that were floating before her eyes before settling on a figure on one of the other beds. She sleepily rubbed her eyes as she found that she was no longer alone in the hospital wing,

A boy with white blonde hair sat a few beds down from her, one arm in a sling and the other holding a book. She tried to keep quiet as she observed him. He was quite beautiful, his eyes were hard, crystalline grey, pale in the sunlight that shone through the window. They were focused, intently on his book with an expression of deep boredom. Trailing her eyes downwards they focused on the boys lips. Long, thin and yet beautifully proportioned — they were twisted into a bored frown and she briefly wondered how they looked when he smiled.

Quietly she slipped out of the bed and took a total of fourteen steps until reaching his bedside. She coughed quietly to alert him of her presence, the boy panicking as he shoved his book — Quidditch Through the Ages — down and tried to flatten his hair with his non-injured arm, "Sorry, I was just wondering if I could possibly borrow one of your books?" She pointed to the pile next to his bedside as the blonde stared at her slightly speechless.

"My books?" He questioned before gesturing to them, "sure, help yourself."

Picking up on titled Hogwarts a History she smiled brightly and whispered her thanks before turning away from him, "Wait!" He gripped her wrist gently pulling her back to him, "I haven't seen you around before, have I?"

He knew he couldn't have missed her face in the halls of Hogwarts. Her hair was a long dirty blonde that reached her waist in waves of pure silk, and her jade green eyes were so vibrant and alive compared to the dark empty depths of the pureblood girls he surrounded himself with. Her dress was elegant, a soft white that reached the floor — reminding him vaguely of the style of dress in many of the old castle portraits — while rings adorned her long fingers, and a bejewelled headband lay softly in her hair. She looked nothing less than a princess.

He would've known if he'd seen her before.

"No, I'm new. A transfer from—," she paused flashing back to what Dumbledore had told her, "—Beauxbatons. I'm Persephone."

"Abraxas Malfoy." He held out his hand and she grasped onto it thinking he was leaning in for a handshake only for the handsome boy to bring her hand to his lips — a flush quickly spreading across her cheeks, "I must warn you, that is a horridly boring book — it doesn't even tell you about all the secret passages in the castle."