011. - knight at the crossroads

𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔰𝔦𝔰
onze. — aftermath!

Persephone blinked her eyes open tiredly, frowning confusedly at the sight of a fireplace in front of her and the foot resting on her chest

Persephone blinked her eyes open tiredly, frowning confusedly at the sight of a fireplace in front of her and the foot resting on her chest. Shoving it off of her she wrinkled her nose as she saw it was attached to a passed out snoring Lestrange who laid on the other end of the sofa with Costia curled up around him like a snake. She was honestly confused as to how the three of them had fit there.

Standing quietly as to not wake the people sleeping on the sofa's and floor she frowned in confusion at the cloak that had been draped over her. It was much to large to be her own, and when she turned it around she flushed crimson at the sight of the shiny green prefect badge attached to it. Suddenly all the memories from the night before came rushing at her full force, and Persephone groaned quietly, "Fuck."

Folding it neatly, she laid it beside Lestrange and Costia sure that the two of them would get it back to Tom and she would be able to just never see him again. The embarrassment was too much to handle, she fell asleep on him after drunkenly rambling to him.

Rushing up to her dormitory, Persephone glanced at the time to find it was only five o'clock in the morning plenty of time before class. Walking straight into the bathroom she hopped into a steaming hot shower, scrubbing the distinct scent of alcohol and regret from her body. Lathering up the shampoo in her waist length hair she tilted her head back and sighed loudly. She longed for the usual comfort she got from a hot shower, the water twisting across her body comfortingly as the steam hid her from the outside world.

Getting out and dressed, she found that in the time she had showered and gotten ready Costia had managed to crawl to her bed — the sounds she was making indicating a bad hangover that would keep her out of class for the day — speaking of Persephone found it most peculiar that she had no signs of a hangover at all. Shrugging it off she quietly skipped down the stairs, feeling rejuvenated and slightly less embarrassed after her shower.

Wrinkling her nose at the now empty common room, Persephone started cleaning up all the rubbish and alcohol bottles that littered the common room. Folding discarded clothing neatly on the sofa for their owners to collect, Persephone sighed in relief when she realised Tom's cloak was gone — hopefully Lestrange got it back to him in one piece.

Smoothing her skirt down she headed out the door ready for a quiet day, she'd heard that whenever a team one a quidditch match a lot of the older years would not be seen in classes the next day due to disastrous hangovers and regrettable actions. Vaguely she recalled Nott streaking around the common room in nothing but a cape and his pointy hat — she wondered if the boy would ever recover from that scene.

Her lips twitched as she remembered Abraxas sticking his leg out and tripping the naked boy over.

—————

It was lunch time and Persephone thought that it would be best to simply go to the library since the Slytherin table had been quite bare and lonely at breakfast, the girl having almost gone in only to turn away the moment she was the sleek brown curls of Tom as he sketched something at the table.

Looking up from her book about healing abilities she spotted Abraxas looking stressed at the table in front of her, oblivious to her presence. She frowned, thinking he would've been much too hungover to get out of bed, given how much she had seen him drink the night before.

Wrinkling her nose angrily she marched up to his table and put her books down with a loud slam — the librarian Madam Hughes lifting her head to scold whoever had made the noise only to smile politely at Persephone who she had found to be a polite girl who appreciated books almost as much as her — Abraxas lifting his head from his hand with a wince, "Princess, what in the merlin?" He groaned rubbing his forehead as she sat down, "Was that necessary?"

"Yes it was, you've been ignoring me, why?" She pouted as he refused to meet her eyes, his eyes falling on his ringed fingers instead, "Brax, can you just tell me what I've done so I can fix it? Please — don't tell Druella this but you're my best friend and I can't bare to lose you."

"Look it's not you," he sighed tiredly, "my parents have been pushing me to find a wife, I've just been stressed. I'm sorry I've been pushing you away princess."

"Oh," she reached her ands forward and squeezed them softly, the boy looking around to make sure nobody saw discreetly, "I'm sorry, Brax."

"Don't worry about it, it will all be fine," he reached his hand out and messed up her hair the girl groaning angrily, "I have missed you."

Persephone smiled brightly at him, a smile so bright and gentle that Abraxas felt like kicking himself for ignoring her. She was a light in his life and he was going to just give that up, because his lord had placed some kind of claim over her. It didn't mean that he couldn't be friends with her still and bask in the light of her being.

The two sat in silence for several minutes, Persephone relaxing with her book whist Abraxas simply gazed at her, clearing is throat so she would look up at him, he had a thoughtful look on his face — steel grey eyes reflecting in the sunlight that streamed through the window beside them.

"What is toothpaste, if not bone soap?"

"I take it back! Existence is a prison and being your friend is maximum security!" Persephone groaned throwing her head back with a dramatic laugh, having to wipe away the tears that had fallen from her eyes in laughter.

"No take backs, you're stuck with me forever, princess!"

AUTHORS NOTE!

TYSM FOR 2K READ MY LOVES!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT THANK TOU TO EVERYONE READING <333

Sorry another short filler lovelies!! Promise the next one will be longer! Also I figured out why I got a low grade in my writing assignment. I went to my online class yesterday and my teacher was wearing an eyepatch (no i'm 100% serious he had an eyepatch on didn't mention why) and I have come to the conclusion my work was SO good that it blinded him, and in anger for what my work had done to his sight he gave me a low grade.

It's obviously the only logically explanation.

Also I just wanted to say that I know there's not a lot of Tom in this fic atm and that's because it is very Persephone centric. She's learning about who she is and her development and stuff is so important that it will be the focus, so I just don't wanna disappoint anyone. Just wanted to clear that up!

Stay safe! And remember to vote, comment and or share please lovelies <333

Unedited
-summer

Unedited -summer