But You Guys Are My OTP

DENNISVILLE
September 1; 11:54 PDT

Jenna sat in her room as she texted Alya, who was having trouble with the new Dean and a girl. Jenna turned off her phone as she lays down on her bed, with a groan. Jenna had started school this past Thursday, homeschooling, but it was still school. Alya told her that she was lucky that she had homeschooling because she could go at her own pace, while Jenna said that Alya going to boarding school was lucky if it wasn't such a horror movie of an experience, but if she was a normal teen going to boarding school would have been so cool, Zoey 101 kind of experience.

"Jenny!" Gina, one of Jenna's mother called out from the other room. "You're friend is here!"

"My friend?" Jenna question, she wasn't excepting anyone. Everyone on the team was off doing their own thing. "Who?"

"It's Alya and her sister," Gina replied, allowing the two heroes to enter the home. Gina turned back to the woman with a smile, "Alya why don't you go to Jenny's room to hang out, that way Marie and I can talk." Marie grinned at the woman, Alya walks past the two adults and heads over to Jenna's room without a word."Marie good to see you again. Sorry, Denise couldn't be here today she had to open the cafe. And I should have realized who you were when Alya told us that Jenny was with you. I apologize."

"No worries." Marie smiled warmly. "I shouldn't have allowed her to go on that mission, she's not my protege to be allowing her to do anything."

"No, but you do have seniority over her, I know you just got back and you don't know how things run yet, we also understand that things are going to change around to accommodate you back into the fold," Gina told her as she gestures to the couch for them to sit. "All is forgiven."

"I appreciate it." Marie nods as she takes a seat on the white couch.

"So Hal already called me. You're handling training today?" Gina questioned.

"Yeah," Marie nods with a smile. " Of course Hal will be there, but yeah I'll be the one running the show. We're going to be focusing on hand-to-hand combat today, the ring isn't always reliable as you know. So we want Jenna to be able to handle her own in a fight without the ring. And since I'm the better fighting out of the three of us, Hal thought it's fitting for me to teach her. Another thing we will be doing is just plan focusing, and mediation."

"Mediation?" Gina raised a brow. Marie nods explain to Gina her whole plan for training, Marie didn't understand why she had to do this, but Hal told her that's the only way that Gina and Denise are going to allow Jenna to go, only if they know exactly what's going to happen.

****

Alya slowly walked up the stairs of Jenna's house, her hands were stuffed into the pockets of her oversized hoodie, her hood was thrown over her head. Alya had her head facing the floor, her shoulder slumped, she moves towards where Jenna's room was. Alya's forest-green eyes were slightly bloodshot, barely noticeable, and her face pale.

Alya finally made it to Jenna's room after what felt like hours of walking, pulling a weight by her ankles for days. Alya knocked on her friend's door, and Jenna shouted for her to come in. Alya pushed open the door slowly and enters the room sluggishly. Jenna looked up at her friends with wide eyes.

"Oh my god, you look terrible," Jenna exclaimed, the younger girl of the two instantly popped up to her feet and made her way in front of her friend, taking Alya's hands into her own. "Are you okay?"

Alya's eyes sting, as tears began to form once again. Her mouth and throat dried as she tries to force her eyes to dry. Alya shakes her head, as several tears escape her eyes, and she lets out a sob. Jenna quickly pulls her best friend into her arms, and Alya's body shakes with tears. "I-I-I-I t-t-t-thought, that... that... that, I could back there. B-b-but, it's hell!"