I'm Not A Meta-Human

WATCHTOWER

December 04: 19:09 EST

It's has been days since they saved the day at Taos, and the Team stands in the Watchtower, with Aquaman, Tigress, Spirit, Superboy, and Ms. Martian standing in front of them. Everyone was there for what Beast Boy had to say to the senior members and Aquaman. Jenna as Green Lantern, Static, Geo-Force, Halo, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Thirteen, Forager, Terra, Wonder Girl, Spark, and finally James as Angi. James has returned to the team, two days after he helped save the meta-teens in Taos.

"Okay, Garfield, you called this meeting." Ms. Martian said to Beast Boy as he stands in the center of the room.

"And I appreciate you hearing me out." Beast Boy told them, he turned to the Justice League co-chair. "Kaldur, though the Justice League's ranks are divided, you stand centerstage defending a world seemingly committed to stopping your good works." Beast Boy then turns to the leader of the Team. "And, M'gann, you lead the Team against our adversaries while avoiding the spotlight. Despite all obstacles, you're both making a difference. But something is missing."

"Ooo, what is it?" Spirit questions, with her hands clasping together excitedly. "The suspense is killing me."

"A public version of the Team." Beast Boy tells them, Spirit drops her hands bluntly, and her whole demander changes. "Young heroes rebelling against the system to fight the good fight in clear view."

"Uh, that's not what I was was excepting," Spirit says with a frown.

"No." Aquaman shuts them down. "We do not put those kinds of targets on our underage heroes. That is what the Justice League is for."

"The League can't do what we need, because you're playing on the Light's game board." Beast Boy told them before he starts pulling up new articles on the computer. "Have you see the headlines lately? Lex Luthor's group on the United Nations. The public fear of meta-humans. Meta-teen trafficking. Bad guys like Granny Goodness and Baron Bedlam are capitalizing on all of it. We've lost the hearts and minds of the people we're trying to protect. Demagogues and fearmongers have caused folks to give up on the heroic ideal, the reason the Justice League was formed in the first place."

"Great, now I"m thoroughly depress." Tigress replies.

"Don't worry." Beast Boy assures her. "I've gotcha covered. See, we're gonna break the rules the League can't. We're gonna connect with people in ways that can't be blocked by governments. We're gonna quiet the fears of the public terrified by the meta-gene generation. And we'll do it all by inspiring that generation because we are them. Raised alongside them in the fallout of a scary, meta-human world, we can be the heroes that empower them to conquer their fears."

"That's a great speech, Gar, sincerely, but how's that any different from what the League's trying to do now?" Ms. Martian questions him.

"The League and the Light are fighting spin campaigns, and the Light's winning." Beast Boy retorts. "That's not what I'm talking about. Look at this." Beast Boy turns around and starts to pull up social media posts about the heroics the team has done publicly. "Without even trying, these actions have generated something organic, something beyond spin, something that could never emerge from under the thumb of Luthoer or Granny. It's something relatable. It's something we can build on by giving people something they can brand.. Something they can own on social media. Something that makes them part of the story. We're going to be highly mobile and accessible. And together, we're gonna start a revolution!" Beast Boy threw his fist in the air but stammered a little bit afterward. "A small one, anyway."

'You have given us much to consider." Aquaman starts.

"No. We haven't." Beast Boy cuts him, Kid Flash, Blue Beetle, Spark, Green Lantern, Geo-Force, and Wonder Girl walk up behind him. Standing with Beast Boy, the eight teens looked at the senior members and Aquaman with smiles and smirks. "Get on board or get out of the way."