I Don't Trust You Anymore

"Are you sure you don't need anything?" Jenna questioned Marie as they move around the kitchen. Marie shook her head as she tries to make herself a cup of Earl Grey. "Because I can do it for you. You should be resting. Alya says that you were in pretty bad shape yesterday. Come on, let me help you."

"Jen." Marie rolled her eyes, "I'm fine, just a little sore and a little headache, but nothing bad."

"You're sore?" Jenna's eyes widen. "I think you should go lay down. Yeah, you should go to you're room and get some rest. Do you think that you can make it up the stairs, because if you don't think so? I can take you up there, whether you want me to use a construct, I can even carry you if you want. The ring lets me have superstrength."

"Jen," Marie looks at the girl unimpressed. "I'm going to give to till the count of five, and if you're not out of my sight. I will kill you."

"I'm sorry!" Jenna raises her hands in surrender. "But Alya's a little scarier than you, and she said to make sure that you're okay."

Marie narrowed her eyes at Jenna, "One." Marie started to count, causing Jenna to shift uncomfortably under her stare. "Two, Three."

"You know what." Jenna backs up quickly. "What Alya doesn't know doesn't kill her." Jenna then rushed out of the room without a second thought.

Annabelle walked into the kitchen right as Jenna ran away. Annabelle raised a brow at the girl. "Does Jenna know that she can kick yours and Alya's asses if she wanted, right?"

" I have you know that I've won every sparring match with that girl." Marie corrects as she pours her tea into her foam cup. "Were all of them without powers, yes. Do they still instill fear in the girl? Yes."

"Let me guess when you were younger. All the sparring you did with Green Lantern was with powers? So that he could beat every time?" Annabelle grinned, already knowing full well that they were.

"Yep." Marie nodded before taking a sip out of her cup, allowing the warmth of the tea to fill her chest. "I bet ya; he did the same thing with Als."

"How you feeling?" Annabelle questioned after a moment of silence.

Marie huffed with annoyance. "I'm perfectly fine."

"You didn't seem like it yesterday." Annabelle raised a brow at her friend. Annabelle took a seat at the table, and she then gestured for Marie to take the seat across her. Marie sighs before following Annabelle's instruction. "Mar, you broke out of the mind control on you're own, without Halo's cleanse. And with the Motherbox, tell me the truth, Mar. You felt her dying?"

Marie closed her eyes as she remembers the feeling that she felt yesterday. "Yes. But it isn't for the same reason that Halo and Victor felt her. It was the same feeling I got that day... that day that Wally, you know."

"Yeah, I know." Annabelle nods.

"I always get this feeling when someone is about to die, and usually they die," Marie reveals to her. "It doesn't happen all the time, usually when someone close to me dies, I feel it. It wasn't always such a strong discomfort. I felt it when Tula died, though I didn't know it at the time, Jason, Zane, Garmandon, and now. It never happened with a being I didn't know all that well. I barely felt it with Tula and Jason. At least with them, I was on of the same team with them. Heck, yesterday was worse than Zane and Wally! And I saw them as my brothers."

"So, in short, you have no idea what yesterday was all about." Annabelle deadpan.

"Basically." Marie nods before getting up from her seat and walking out of the kitchen and towards the group that stood in front of the Med bay door. Annabelle and Marie were on either side of the group, with Annabelle standing next to Aquaman, and Marie standing beside Conner, and M'gann in the middle.