I'm The Only One

BROOKDALE

December 12; 14:01 EDT

Alya, James, Dylan, Sam, and Aidan were sitting in the quad, surrounded by books. Alya and Dylan were the only ones reading while James, Sam, and Aidan were on the phone. The five teens sat in silence as they did their own things. James and Alya sat together, holding each other hands, under the table. Alya was reading another alien text, but not to learn the language to learn of the culture and the people of the planet; it was a book of Uni and Ugi. She didn't want to hide from the two planets' history, though she knew a little from Eleanor told them, but she wanted to know more.

Dylan was reading a book on the business since he plans on studying business and education when he goes to college to be able to really take control of the school. James swipes between two photos, one photo of Georgetown; where he, Dylan, and Alya decided that they were going spend their college years and we're waiting to hear back from any day, and then the other being of the Hollywood sign, where he has already signed a deal with DW. James was conflicted on his next chapter, Georgetown, becoming a scientist with Alya, or fulfilling a dream of being an actor in Hollywood. Aidan and Sam were on 1K Wordsworth, scrolling through their feeds.

"Hello." Sarah More greeted the group, and the five teens looked up, narrowing their eyes at the girl. The More mother and daughter duo have been leaving the group alone for a while now, allowing the five teens to go about their lives in peace, but apparently, it wasn't last long.

"What do you want More?" Dylan questioned the girl. "We're kind of busy."

Sarah smirked, "I just wanted to let you know that Dr. Lance has just quit."

"We know." Alya raised a brow at her former foster sister.

"Yeah, she told us that she got a better and higher-paying one somewhere in D.C.," Sam tells her. "I guess you're mother's plan on lowering her paycheck worked on getting her to quit."

"You're not a little upset that she quit?" Sarah asked the five. They shook their heads.

"Why would we be?" James questioned her. "We have been trying to get her to quit and go to S.T.A.R. Labs since last year."

Sarah narrowed her eyes at them, but before she could reply to them, there was a loud explosion, causing many people to duck their heads as smoke and fog fill the area. Screams filled the air as panic arose in everyone's chest. Alya's eyes dart around, trying to see the cause. Armored men and women entered the campus with guns. Alya stood up, letting go of James' hand, as the smoke clears.

Guns shot fired into the air, causing more screams. Alya looked around to see if anyone was harmed, but everyone was hiding under tables. The only two students that were standing were James and Alya.

"Alya." Dylan's voice whispered to her. "Get down."

Alya ignored her cousin as the armor guards parted, and a man wearing a lab coat walked in view. Alya clenched her fist as she glares at the man; James gently pulled Alya down under the table they sat at. They didn't need her to get shot at; even if she could teleport quick enough, it would reveal her secret identity along with her uncle's and sister's.

"Alright," The man spoke. Alya narrowed her eyes at the man as she recognized the man. His name is Dr. Jamal Allen. He was a scientist from Marit Labs, the lab that named Dylan, James, and Alya the smartest known teens in the country. "Now that we have the kiddies' attention, I have been given the job of completing Eleanor Brook's mission of killing the Six Warriors of Uni."

Aidan, Sam, Dylan, James, and Alya send each other worried glances once the man spoke those words. Alya clenches her fist as the student body looks in the direction of them. Alya's heart dropped to her stomach, knowing that her secret identity was about to be outed.