I Could Have Saved Her

COAST CITY

October 1; 03:12 PDT

Marie spent a day in her home universe, she decided that Twilight as a dragon would be better off in that universe instead of Earth 16, she brought Twilight to her god-father, and the dragon quickly got attached to the fiery red-haired man.

Marie walked into the apartment as quietly as she could, but as she shuts the door behind her, the lights suddenly turn on. Alya and Hal stood in the living room with crossed arms.

"What is this?" Marie raised a brow at the duo, "Mom and Dad going to ground me for coming in past my bed-time?"

"We've been worried," Hal told his daughter softly. "We understand that everything has been--"

"No, no you don't understand," Marie cuts him off. "You don't understand anything, you don't know the things I've been through the past two years, nothing at all."

"Then tell us!" Alya exclaimed. "I know I've never been a good sister to you, and I suck even more because I didn't see the act you've been putting on since you've got back. But we know something's up now."

"Now, now?" Marie laughed. "It took you three months! But it's not like you even care in the first place, anyway. You guys replaced me the first chance you got."

" Is all this about Jen?" Hal questions, "Jen isn't your replacement, I've trained other Lanterns on Oa, I'm just training Jenna on Earth because she's a minor."

"This isn't about Jenna." Alya narrows her eyes at Marie. "All this is about change."

Marie clenched her jaw, as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. "You don't know what you're talking about."

"No?" Alya raised a brow at her sister. "I know that you left right after Wally died, no time to mourn him. You left right after you broke up with Dick, no time to deal with the heartbreak. While you were gone, Jessica experienced something so traumatic, something you feel you could have stopped if you were here. While you were gone, Annabelle moved on with her life, rejoining the game, getting a girlfriend. While you were gone, Dick moved on with his life, quitting the team and he started to date Barbara. Guess what Marie, the world doesn't stop spinning when you leave, life moves on!"

"I know that!"

"You thought that leaving was going to help you get over the death of your best friend but it didn't it!" Alya exclaimed. "All you were doing was running away from all your problems! You knew everything was going to change! You knew that the world you knew was going to change for the worst, that's why you left!"

"I left to find my birth family!" Marie shouted back, both girls were getting in each other's faces. "And you're one to talk about running away from their problems. You barely acknowledge the death of your friend!"

"Neither do you!"

"Elle died in May! Wally died two years ago!" Marie retorts with a scream. "You act like you're better than me when you're worst! You want to bring up friends! Elle's dead, James and you are ignoring your feelings for one another, Even though you found that you and Dylan are related you still have yet to explore what that means--"

"I didn't run away from them!" Alya cuts her off with a scream. "That's all you've been doing since you got, you run away! If you didn't disappear the other day you would have found that Forager didn't die!"

Marie's face instantly softens and she stepped away from Alya. "Forager didn't die?"

"No." Alya huffed, "He shed his shell and tricked Lobo. You would have known that if you didn't run and gone who's know where."