Today's the Day

MOUNT JUSTICE

November 04; 10:21 EST

After meeting with Dick on the roof in D.C, he brought Marie to meet with the other pulling strings from behind the scenes. Marie took this chance to lay it down on everyone, trying to convince them what they were doing was wrong. Still, they didn't listen to her, well the only person who actually agreed with Marie was Wonder Woman, but the others were only ordering Marie to remain quiet about the whole thing, which didn't sit well with her.

Marie gave Batman a very long speech about how she's not apart of the League or Team, and she's not his protege, and that she doesn't have to listen to anything he says to her anymore. And that truthfully neither should anyone in the room, especially Aquaman, Wonder Woman, and Wonder Woman, but that's on them for not having the guts to stand up to someone with mental issues.

After she said that, it wasn't long after that, she kicked out of the Batcave before she could say anything else to make things worst for herself in the eyes of Batman, which Marie didn't really care about. She didn't even care when she was dating Nightwing; why would she care now. As Dick showed her out that night, he did make sure that Marie would keep what they were doing a secret. Marie told him again that she was only doing it because she wants him and Kaldur what they were doing was wrong.

Now three days, later Marie stood next to Artemis, Dick, and Conner on Happy Harbor's beach with the five teens, Victor, Tara, Brion, Violet, and Forager, in front of them.

"I cannot believe this is your first breakfast burrito," Violet said to Tara as they all eat their food. "An entire meal wrapped in a warm tortilla, pure enjoyment for mouth and hands."

Brion laughs, "My sister and I were raised in a castle where eating with one's hands was not encouraged."

"Is it bad that I forgot that he was a prince?" Marie whispered to Conner and Artemis; she was in the middle of ignoring Dick.

"I'm guessing you only ate with those silver spoons you were born with, huh?" Victor teased with a laughed.

"And your life with your eminent scientist father was one of economic hardship?" Brion retorts.

"Uh, no." Victor looks down and takes a bite of his burrito.

"Maybe this would be a good time to get to it," Dick speaks, upbringing the kids' attention to him. "Listen, you've all reached a crossroads. Vic, you have your own decisions to make, but Brion, Tara, Violet, Forager, we feel the four of you are ready to work with the Justice League's covert- ops team to help mankind."

"But being a hero isn't for everyone." Conner joins in quickly as smiles take form at the teens' faces. "This a choice you each have to make for yourself. And the decision you have now doesn't have to be a permanent one."

"Uh, no judgment from us either way," Artemis tells them.

"Exactly, there were five other teens who activated the Crystals of Uni with Spark," Marie tells them with a smile. " Four of them, the holders of the Stone, Nature, and Wind crystals, currently are living a 'normal life and going to school. And fifth, the holder of the Fire Stone join the team like two years, and currently taking a break from the game, though I don't know how long that's going to last."

"You've already risked your lives for each other and the meta-teens we rescued in Bialya." Dick added, "That's enough."

"I've made my choice," Brion speaks up. "And Bialya has proven I made the right one. To protect the innocent, no matter the danger."

"But facing danger isn't a mandatory part of our mission," Conner says. "Troia of Themyscira and Garth of Atlantis both left the front lines. Now they fight the good fight inside the system as ambassadors to the United Nations."