How Do You Like Your Eggs!?

COAST CITY

August 1; 7:56 PDT

"He left you with a literal child?" Marie repeated to Artemis on the phone, as she walks around the teens in her living room, Jenna had stayed over the past two days due to not wanting to go home to her parents, though Marie had the slightest clue as to why. They were a lovely couple, and they seemed to care for Jenna a lot, Marie was pleasantly surprised to find out that her mothers were Gina and Denise, the owners of Gina's Pizzeria and Denise's Cafe. "Oh thank god, I didn't go on that op."

"It's not funny, imagine having to take care of a super-powered teenager," Artemis complains, Marie rolled her eyes as she leaps over Alya, to get to the kitchen.

"Arty..." Marie deadpans. "Remember who you're talking to. I had to take care of Alya when I was only eighteen, and not to complain, but I've been back for a month, and looks like I'm taking on another." Marie grabs a couple of pans from the oven and places them on stove. She then walks to her fridge to get the eggs.

"Right, I forgot." Artemis sighs over the phone.

"But hey... like I told Dick if you need me for anything non-field relate I'm all in. And taking care of kids is included that, and I would offer to take her off your hands, but it's a full house at casa Jordan, and then there's the fact that this isn't my apartment."

"You got any tips? She was floating over the couch this morning." Artemis questions.

"Over the couch?" Marie repeats. "Uh, that's weird... sorry I have no idea, floating over the couch seems like a me thing, nothing that Alya has done. But call when the kid threatening to blow out you're electricity."

"You still going today?" Artemis changes the topic.

"Yeah." Marie sighs, as she stops what she's doing. She looks down sadly. "I've missed the last two years, I can't miss another."

"See you soon then?"

"See you soon." Marie nods, "And hey don't let Grayson just dump a kid on you. He has to at least pay child support." Marie hangs up the phone, before she looks at the eggs in front of her, she out an exhale before she turns. "Jen! Al! How do you like your eggs!?"

****

Marie walked up to Zatanna, the two women pulled each other in a tight hug. "I'm glad you're back."

"I'm glad to be back," Marie told her, closing her eyes for a moment as she just holds onto her friend. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." Zatanna pulled away, and the two women started to walk without saying a word. The two of them made it to the park and the large tree in the center of it, Zatanna walked through the leaves first, with Marie following. Marie saw that Doctor Fate was already there along with Artemis, and a teenage girl, that Marie assumed is the one that Artemis was telling her about over the phone.

"Uh...hi." Zatanna greeted causing everyone to look at her.

"Zatanna," Artemis spoke. "Oh, I was just--"

"Child of magic," Doctor Fate interrupted, moving towards Zatanna, "do you understand the terms of our agreement?"

Marie narrowed her eyes at Doctor Fate, she never truly did get over Zatara having to give up everything to save his daughter from him. This evil helmet dude, totally ruined a family, and she was just to forgive and forget it like nothing happened. She didn't understand how Zatanna ever worked with him, on the League.

"Yes. One hour." Zatanna confirmed. "Just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that."

"Be grateful Nabu grant you this boon at all." Doctor Fate told her, Marie wanted to angrily mutter a few colorful words under her breath, but for Zatanna's sake, she keeps it to herself, not wanting to upset the lord of order. Doctor Fate pulls off his helmet, revealing a white-haired Zatara, Zatanna looks up at her father with tears in her eyes

The two hugged with Zatanna saying. "Daddy."

"Zatanna."

***

Marie moved over to where Artemis and this girl that Dick just left with Artemis, Marie reached her hand forward to the girl with a warm grin. "Marie Jordan, nice to meet you."

The girl takes Marie's hand hesitantly, the girl looks over at Artemis, who quickly took introduction into her own hands. "Marie, this is... we don't know her real name yet, but we're currently calling her Holo."

"Halo." Marie smiles, as the three take a seat on a bench. "I like it... it's crash."

"Crash?" Halo repeated.

"Yeah, crash. Like good, awesome, things are going right." Marie explained.

"I thought you didn't like the made-up words?" Artemis gives Marie a look.

"I still don't."Marie rolls her eyes. "But in case you don't remember, crash is a real word, it slang from the future. But don't get me started on the whelmed, traught, and aster. They confuse me more than you'll know. But anyway," Marie gestures to Halo, "Lost memories, I have some experience in that, maybe I can be some help."

"Fate said that she has an old soul in a very young body." Artemis tells her, "Does that mean anything to you? Either of you." Halo shrugs while Marie takes a moment to think about it. Artemis sighs at both Halo and Marie's silence. "Do you remember anything at all from before we met in the cemetery?"

"I.." Halo started but she trails off for a second, before answering. "Nothing... darkness."

"You know..." Marie began. "The only other case we have of lost memories is me. Maybe it's something similar."

"What? You think that she's from another universe?" Artemis questioned. "That's impossible she was dead when I found her, not falling out of the sky."

"No," Marie shakes her head. "I was thinking past life, though it's different circumstances, as I lost my memories due to me de-aging, and traveling between the multiverse, but when you said old soul in a young body, I couldn't help but think, hey I have 36 years worth of memories but I'm only twenty years old. That could be something."

"Yeah..." Artemis nods, as she takes in the information that Marie has given her.

"We are here for your friends but we don't talk to them?" Halo questioned the two women, as they look at Zatanna and Zatara. "We are not with them?"

"We're not here for this part," Artemis tells her, Marie gives the girl a nod. Before turning her attention but to her friend, who was giving a tight hug to her father. Zatara pulled away from his daughter, looking away from her, Zatanna held onto her father, but Zatara still places the helmet back on his head.

Doctor Fate turned away from Zatanna without another word and walked through his mystic symbol thing. Zatanna dropped to his knees and started to cry, Marie instantly got to her feet and race over to her friend's side. Marie dropped onto her knees pulling Zatanna into a hug. Artemis followed Marie's lead and hugged Zatanna from the other side.

"It'll be okay." Artemis gently shushes their friend. As they allow her to cry in their arms.

"Will it?"