The Hero Life, In General, Is Behind Me

THE WATCHTOWER
July 27; 19:57 EDT

"Excellent work, Alpha Squad textbook op truly." Ms. Martain told the team, Spark and Green Lantern stood side by side on the Watchtower.

The team currently included, Ms. Martian as the leader, Superboy, Static, Robin, Blue Beetle, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, Spark, and those newly joined in the past two years, Spoiler, Arrowette, Thirteen, and Green Lantern. In the last two years, a lot of members had left the team, Bumble Bee, Guardian, Lagoon Boy, Tigress, Angi, Aqualad, and Batgirl. Even though Marie has been back close to a month the former teen hero, has yet to rejoin the team. She says that it's because while she was traveling the multiverse she hasn't been in the game since she left, and is untrained and will lack the skills to rejoin the team just yet, but Spark knew something was wrong, but she didn't question it.

"Gamma," Ms. Martian address another squad, "you could learn something from--"

"Recognized Steel, 3-7." The computer cut Ms. Martian off, and she turned to the zeta-tube. "Black Lightning, 2-3, Nightingale, 28."

The three leaguers walked out of the zeta-tubes, both Steel and Nightingale both in uniform, while Black Lightning wore civvies. Spark furrowed her brows at the lightning hero. Though he wasn't her main mentor, she had gotten to know Jefferson, though Static, and he has given her tips on how to control her powers.

"Where are they?" Jefferson questioned with a sigh.

"Already in the conference room." Ms. Martian answered. "Most of them, anyway."

The three of them walked without a word towards the conference room, Spark leaned down to Static, "Hey, what's up with Jefferson? He's not in uniform."

Static doesn't answer but looks down at the floor sadly. Spark looks even more confused, but concern fills her body, as her brain tries to think of reasons why Jefferson wasn't in uniform.

"Well, that's everyone but the League's fearless leader." Kid Flash says, and if on cue, the computer begins to speak Aquaman's designation. "And speak of the devil."

Aquaman, also known as Kaldur walked out of the zeta-tube, Superboy and Ms. Martian walked towards. "They're uh, all waiting for you."

The three adults began to talk among themselves, Green Lantern gently elbows Spark, "Hey, why is everyone so sad, it's a real mood killer."

"I'm guessing it has to do with the meta-trafficking," Spark told her with a shrug. "Hal said that it's slipping out into space."

"Yeah, Guy told me what happened in Rann." Green Lantern looked down sadly. "It's sad really, I guess it warrants some depression."

Ms. Martian and Aquaman walk away to join the League meeting, after she left, the team spread out throughout the mission room, Green Lantern and Spark talking to Static, about who would win in a fight. Green Lantern (Jenna) or Spark, it was mostly Green Lantern and Spark going back and forth, each of them trying to convince Static that it would be the other, Spark argued that it would be Green Lantern saying the ring was the most powerful weapon in the universe, while Jenna argued that it would be Spark as she has more experience and she has taken out other lanterns on her own, no matter if they were Red or Yellow, they were lanterns.

Before Static was forced to make a choice, he was saved by Green Arrow and Batman walking out of the conference room. Batman moved towards the team and spoke. "It's time."

"Time for what?" Spark spoke aloud, standing up looking at the dark knight with confusion. But before she could get any answers, both Spoiler and Arrowette stood up from where they were sitting and began to walk away. Same with Robin, despite the questioning from Wonder Girl. "Wait... I'm confused." Spark looked around, as half the team begins to leave, along with Green Arrow. "I'm never confused... I haven't been confused in the past two years... someone explain something to me."