It's Going To Be A Long Year

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!- THIS CHAPTER WILL MENTION CHILD ABUSE AND THE EFFECTS OF ABUSE, PLEASE READ WITH CAUTION. 

*

*

*

*

BROOKDALE

August 28; 10:12 EDT

"I don't know why you decided to come back here?" Marie questioned Alya, as she leans against the rental car that held her younger sister's stuff. "Isn't this the place that you watched your friend get murdered by your cousin's mother, who was also the Dean? Also didn't you break up with James here?"

"Yes, it is." Alya glared up the campus, she turned to her sister. "Thanks for bringing up the memories."

"Sorry." Marie hissed an apology. Marie moved over to where Hal was taking Alya's luggage out from the car. She started to help, moving some of the stuff out of the way. Alya went to go help as well when one car caught her eye.

Alya saw Dylan, James, and Aidan getting out of the back of Aidan's aunt's car. Dylan and James had moved in with Aidan's family during the summer, as Eleanor was on the run and is a psycho serial killer, and James' whole family, including his abusive father, and two sisters were murdered by said psycho. Alya's and James' eyes caught each other, and the two of them glared at the other. Dylan touched James' shoulder, pulling the two of them out of the trace, Alya looked over to her cousin, and gave him a nod, before moving to help her family.

"It's going to be a long year," Alya muttered with a sigh.

****

After they set everything up in the room, the Jordans stood back outside. Alya first hugged Hal, "Don't worry, I won't sneak out this year without you knowing."

"I'm not worried about that." Hal chuckled. "I don't want any calls about you killing James."

Alya's face fell with a frown. "I don't even want to be near him, and I think I have to be in the same place as him to actually kill him."

"Don't you have every class together?" Marie furrowed her brows at the time.

"Uh, don't remind me." Alya threw her head back. "I just want to get through the school year without dealing any drama, whether it be super villain relate or boy relate."

"Amen to that." Marie chuckled throwing her arms around her sister. "We don't need anybody, we can be single together. Make a club, invite Annabelle."

Alya looked up at Marie confused, "You didn't hear? Anna's dating my Lacrosse coach."

"Carly?" Marie questioned with wide eyes. " Wow. Wait... Anna's dating someone and I'm the single one? I'm the sad one now."

"I mean I wouldn't call you sad. I also wouldn't have called Annabelle"

Marie's head snapped towards Hal, "What happened to me, like how are you were the one to raise me. Like I've only ever had two boyfriends in my life. You got women throwing themselves at you, despite being a terrible boyfriend."

"Ow." Hal looked at his daughter offended.

"And I can barely get anyone to look my way." Marie continued ignoring the hurt that painted Hal's face.

"Well, people only want one thing." Alya told her, "Sex... and you don't really scream sexy."

"Okay ow." Marie's face mirror Hal's hurt expression.

"Hey don't get me wrong, you're what media and society see as attractive, but more adorably and cutely, like you would be the protagonist of Disney movie, while Hal would be the love interest in a romantic comedy that was rated pg-13," Alya told her family.