🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳

Sophie POV

I heard a knock on my door and got my vest on.  I opened the door to see Fitz, looking dashing as always.  He smiled at me and I blushed.

"Come on, let's go." Fitz whispered to me, holding out his hand.  I nodded and took it.

He took me throughout Everglen.  It was until then that I realized how much of Everglen I hadn't yet seen.  It was beautiful and we weren't even where Fitz wanted to go.

We didn't speak as we walked, as not to disturb anyone sleeping, but we didn't need to talk out loud to communicate.

Hey Sophie?

Yeah?

Did you really mean what you said when you were in my head?

I blushed. Every word.  Are we almost there yet?

Fitz snorted.  Impatient are we?

I turned a bit more red. Just... eager.

I could see his smile through the darkness.  It wasn't a crazy hot guy smile or a fake one.  Just a beautiful one.  The ones he claimed to save for me.

I smiled back.  I realized how much I must have looked like a tomato with my red vest and skirt and how red my face was.

We're almost there.

We walked along the edge of the lake.  The water rippled with every insect and leaf that landed in the water.

Fitz led me to a bench and we sat down.

"We can talk out loud now." He said, out loud, not telepathically.

I smiled. "Great.  I think I'm up for a telepathy break after the past few days."

Fitz nodded.  "I can't believe that happened.  I just hit my head and it was just as bad as if I had lost my mind.  Proof that the mind is strange."

"Definitely."

We sat in silence, looking out at the beauty that was Everglen.  It was such a peaceful night.  The moon shown bright and the water was so clear that it was almost a mirror.  The stars glimmered off in the far far far distance.

I yawned and Fitz seemed to understand.  It had been a long fast few days.

"Soooooooo..." Fitz broke the silence and I was almost afraid he was going to start small talk.  Of course, that would be useless because we both knew each other almost to a creepy point.  "Since we confessed and stuff... would you want to uh maybe go out sometime?"

My traitorous jaw dropped and I stared at him.  We were both blushing furiously and I was lost for words.  ME?  GO OUT WITH HIM?  IS HE SERIOUS?

"I- yes, absolutely.  Why wouldn't I go out with you?" I answered and we both smiled.

"Pleasedon'tpunchme-" Fitz said quickly.

"What?  Why would I d-"

He cut me off by kissing me.

SORRYIHADTO-

That's it for today.  Thank you guys so much for reading!  I love hearing what you have to say so feel free to comment!  Also, don't forget to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this!  I love you guys SO much!  I can't wait to see you guys next week!

✰Beth out✰