🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟭

Thank you so much for all the views!  Love you guys!♥️

Sophie POV

I could hardly breathe.  Fitz was one of my absolute best friends and the fact that he might not ever be okay... it just hurt so much to think about.

I could tell the others felt the same way.  Keefe had his hands in his hair and he was starring at the ground, speechless.  Dex was looking as though this was the one thing he couldn't calculate or understand.  Tam and Linh were holding onto each other, again like everyone, in shock.  

Biana... I ran over and hugged my friend.  She had tears running down her cheeks.  Yes, she and Fitz argued and fought with each other but I knew that they would do ANYTHING for each other.  Like at Nightfall, when Biana was injured, Fitz stayed by her side the whole time.

Another aching memory of the person I loved.

Biana cried quietly and the others joined in to form a large group hug.  Eventually, the Vackers all went into another room for some family time, or what was left of their family.

Mr. Forkle walked into the hallway, with Tiergan at his side.  Unlike the rest of us, they had a glimmer of hope in their eyes.  Mr. Forkle cleared his throat then spoke. "Sophie, can I talk to you?"

I stood up from the bech I was sitting on and nodded.  I followed Forkle out of the corridor and into an empty bedroom.

"Miss Foster, Tiergan and I think we might have come up with a way to save Mr. Vacker." Mr. Forkle explained.

The words took a second to go through my mind and be processed.  Then I started at him. "Wait— really?"  I was starting to gain hope again.

Mr. Forkle nodded. "Yes, and you're the only one who can do it.  We believe that if you can transmit to Mr. Vacker and telepathically heal the damaged part of his mind, he can come back to us."

I was smiling with relief but there was a catch to his voice that I didn't like.  "So what's the catch?"

Mr. Forkle looked a mix of happy and deeply worried. "You'll need to become full cognates, that means—"

"That we will have to share our deepest secret with each other." I finished for him, now feeling very worried.  Mr. Forkle nodded solemnly.  

I sighed but stood up straighter.  I knew that I could do this.  I had to so this.  For Fitz. "Okay, when do we do this thing?"

Mr. Forkle smiled. "That's my Moonlark.  We're planning to do it as soon as possible.  Ready your brain, it's going to be a long night."

That's all for today!  Hope you guys enjoyed it!  If you haven't already, make sure to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story!  I'll update soon and I love you guys so much!

-🙀Beth🙀