🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟲

Keefe POV

I began to wake up.  I didn't want to open my eyes quite yet.  Sophie and Fitz were probably still under, and I didn't want to have to see my two best friends lost.  Not again.

Someone was crying— no... was it laughter?

My eyes shot open and I was shocked by what I saw.  Sophie and Fitz both had their eyes open and they were smiling.  Della, Alden, and Biana were laughing and crying tears of joy as they wrapped their arms around the cognates.

"Cheese and crackers!  It's the Lord of Snuggles and the Mysterious Miss F!" I teased, jumping out of my seat and joining the hug.  They were safe.  All was well.

Sophie POV

I had never been so happy to be awake in my life.  Grady and Edaline had also joined the hug.  I wasn't sure how many people were in it, but yeah.  There were a lot of us.

Through the hug, Fitz gently squeezed my hand.  I couldn't see his face, but it felt like such a romantic thing to do.

Fitz POV

I squeezed her hand because she was making it a little hard to breathe with how hard she was hugging me.  Geez that woman oddly resembles a python.

Sophie POV

The hug eventually broke up and everyone was smiling and laughing and talking.  The chaos was back and I loved every second of it.  Everyone began to quiet down and relax.

Della and Edaline were discussing what to do for dinner.  They led us downstairs to eat dinner.

Everglen, practically being a castle, had the biggest dinning room I had ever seen.  I had been there before, but it had been a few years and I had forgotten it's grandness.  I sat near the center of their extremely large table.  

Fitz and Biana sat down next to me.  Biana instantly started talking because... well because she's Biana.  Fitz looked beautiful like always, despite being in bed for a few days.  I felt like I had to say something to him, but there were way too many people watching so I decided to transmit to him.

Fitz? I transmitted, hoping that he wouldn't be startled.  Thankfully, he only sat up a little bit straighter.

Sophie? 

How are you feeling?

I've never been better.

Oh good.  I know that things have been... weird.

Yeah, it's a bit crazy.  So uhhh want to meet out by the lake later?

Like... just the two of us?

Yep.

Sure, definitely.

And with that Fitz cut the transmission and I caught a faint smile on his lips right as Keefe said, "Seriously Foster, you were in his head for a whole day and now you go in again?  You guys are truly ridiculous."

Fitz and I both turned bright red and everyone looked at us, then at Keefe, then everyone started to laugh.  It was... interesting.  Again, we all needed it, even if it was a little forced.

The rest of the meal was smooth.  And as I headed upstairs to the bedroom I was staying in, I realized how much had changed over the past 24 hours.  I was excited for later and decided to get ready.

I entered my bedroom and went to the mirror and started to brush my golden locks.  My hair wasn't too knotted because of Biana's makeover from the other day.  That seemed like ages ago.

I sat on my bed and took out my iPod.  I turned on my favorite tunes and just sat there.  Happy to be awake and that everyone was happy.  I didn't need to worry about the Neverseen, not quite yet.  I'd deal with that some other time.  

Edaline had once told me that I need to relax and enjoy being a teenager.  I could do that.  I was only starting to understand that I could balance being the Moonlark and being Sophie Foster.

I rested my head against my pillow.  I didn't close my eyes, since I would have to meet Fitz soon, but I rested.  Surprisingly, I actually thought that I would have been able to fall asleep on the spot if I hadn't been so excited to talk to Fitz.

I sighed happily and hugged Ella.  For now, things were good.

Hey guys!  Thanks so much for reading!  Make sure to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story!  I love you guys SO much!❤️

😎Beth out😎