🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟬

Biana's POV

I raced through the empty city streets.  I don't know how the Neverseen managed to get everyone in the city inside so quickly, but it was lucky for me.  I wouldn't have to run through everyone.

I finally made it to Salem's Supplies Shop and I almost gasped at the state the shop was in.  Unlike most buildings in the lost cities, which were crystal and sparkly, Salem's Supplies Shop was worn down and made of wood.  The sign that said "Salem's Supplies Shop" was cracked in half and I was surprised I had even been able to read it.

Despite what Sophie had told me, I wasn't sure if the small shop was open.  I peaked through one of the windows only to see darkness.  So, I knocked on the door.

I probably should have hurried up a little more, but I'm not going to lie, that shop was creepy.

As soon as my knuckle touched the wood, the door shot open and I had to hold back a scream in surprise.

A man with a scruffy beard, pointy ears, and eyes that might as well have been bright blue lasers looked at me from inside the shop.  He had an intense stare and I felt pretty scared.

Suddenly the man grinned. "Welcome!  I'm Salem and this is my trusty shop.  What can I get for you today?"

He had a rather gruff voice and a joyful smile.  I smiled back, shocked at how cheerful this scary guy sounded like.

"I uh I need supplies to get through Psionipath forcefields.  Please." I added quickly.

Salem seemed to give it a bit of thought. "Yes... I see..." He mumbled, stroking his dark brown beard. "Right this way."

I followed him through a door, to the back of the shop, where he had a huge collection of bottled objects and liquids.  The room was so colorful, compared to the rest of the shop.

Salem rolled his rolling ladder over to where I stood and then climbed up to the very top shelf.  I noticed that everything on that shelf wasn't bottled.  He grabbed one of the objects, climbed down, then handed it to me.

I inspected the object.  It was wooden with tiny crystal spikes on one side.  "It kinda looks like a hairbrush." I said, still looking at it.

Salem laughed like it was the funniest thing he had heard in years. "Yes, yes it does." He agreed, a wide smile across his face.

"So uh, how much do I need to pay?" I asked him, looking up from the brush.  Time was ticking.

The man gave it some thought, once again stroking his beard. "Let's see.  You're a young girl, can't be older than sixteen at the most, you ran here, it's three in the morning, and you look like a Vacker.  I'm guessing this is an emergency."

Once again surprised at how he was able to guess all of that.  I think that living for so long taught him a thing or two.  "Yes, this is an emergency." I replied, nodding.

Salem gave me a kind smile then spoke, "Then it's free.  I don't end up selling these things anyway.  Good luck."

I smiled and started to run out of the shop. "Thank you so much!"

And I ran, as fast as my legs would carry me, to help my friends.

That's all for today, thank you so much for reading!  As I'm writing this, we're at 7.2k views!  That's CRAZY!  Thank you so much!  Make sure to light up that vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this story!  I love you all so much!

✰Beth Out✰