🍁 :: 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟵

Sophie POV (Sorry, she's just so much more fun to write for!)

I ignored the nagging feeling that something was wrong.  Was that a foolish decision?  Maybe.  I was having a moment though.  Can you really blame me?

Fitz and I sat there, holding each other.  It was nice to be held.  Especially by Fitz.

Fitz pulled away and starred off into the distance.  Towards Everglen.  I looked at where he was looking and I noticed that the lights started to flicker on.  It didn't make any sense.  It had to be almost the middle of the night.

"I think..." Fitz said, while getting up.  He never took his eyes off Everglen.  I wondered if he felt the same feeling of dread that I did. "I think we should head back."

I nodded in agreement and stood up.  I didn't know how well he could have seen my nod, but I expected that he knew me well enough to know that I agreed.

We ran together back to the castle that was Everglen.  Everyone was outside in their PJs, looking like they were forced out of bed at a moments notice.  The only ones who didn't appear phased were Forkle, Grady, and Alden.

Edaline rushed over to us. "Flower petals and mallowmelt!  Where were you two?  Are you alright?  You stayed inside the walls right?  RIGHT?" Edaline wrapped her arms around us in a hug.

Thankfully, Fitz answered for me. "Yeah, we're fine.  I promise we stayed inside the walls."

Edaline released us then made a suspicious with a hint of a smile on her lips. "What were you two doing outside?"

Fitz and I were both obviously trying not to blush.  I decided that I would need to work on not blushing.  Edaline gave us a knowing face and smiled.  "You guys are too cute."

I turned a deeper shade of red.  "Mom, what's going on?"

Edaline's smile faded and she took a deep breath.  "Why... why don't you go ask your dad?  He knows a lot more than I do."

I nodded.  My heart was pounding.  What could it be? I wondered.  Fitz and I walked over to Grady, Alden, and Forkle.  They stood in a huddle, talking in hushed voices.  I didn't understand much, but what I did here... let's just say it didn't sound good.

"Dad?" I spoke up.  I was quiet but loud enough for to hear.

The three adults stopped talking and turned to face us.  Boy, did they look intimidating.  I gave them a nervous smile, hoping that no one would be mad.  Instead, Grady gave me a big hug.  Poor Fitz was just standing next to me awkwardly.

When Grady finally released me from the hug, Mr. Forkle cleared his throat.  "I'm guessing that you two are wondering what in the Lost Cities is going on?"

Fitz and I nodded eagerly.

Alden and Grady both had sad looks on their faces while Forkle was so unreadable that I doubted that even Keefe would be able to read the emotions under that stare.

"You're not going to like this news." Mr. Forkle warned.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to have to know it anyway, won't I?"

Forkle nodded. "Yes, I suppose so.  I just received intelligence that there was... an attack."

I frowned. "An... attack?  We've had plenty of those.  Did someone die or something?"

Grady took in a deep breath.  "It's worse than that.  They used a form of human technology and upgraded it.  They made it even more dangerous.  Like, really REALLY dangerous.  And they used it on Eternalia.  The city is in everblaze.  There's nothing we can do."

My heart sank to the ground. "I- what?  No, no, no.  We can help.  We have to help.  We can't just let the city burn!" My voice trembled with emotion and tears filled my eyes.

Fitz stood next to me with a stunned expression on his face.

Alden shook his hand and murmured something under his breath.  Grady wrapped me in another hug. "I'm sorry, sweetie.  There's nothing we can do."

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Hey guys!  Yeah so I've been writing a LOT and I feel like I want to start updating at least every other day (Yay!) and I'm working on a Harry Potter fanfic!  I'm so excited!  Thanks for reading!  Make sure to light up the vote button, light up the follow button, and light up someone else's day by sharing this video!  Love you guys!(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Beth out