Chapter 30. Nightmare

Chris walks back into his house and sees Ashley is getting her earrings on and she smiles when he rubs her shoulders and says in her ear. "Hey Lovely, you're looking fine." 

He kisses her head and she grins and says. "Thank you, darling, you don't look bad yourself!"

Chris grabs his jacket and says. "Ready to go?" She grabs her purse and nods saying. "yeah, let's go!" 

He smiles as they walk to the car. There are a gunshot and Chris pushes her down to the ground and she has big eyes and sees blood on her arm. "Chris?!" 

he looks down and sees his chest is with blood and he passes out. 

Ashley presses the wound and yells. "Chris!! no, NO!" She looks around and Kate calls and she picks up saying. "Kate get here right now!" 

Kate says. "What-" 

Ash yells ."Chris was shot! and he is losing blood! Just get here now!"

She hangs and up and calls the ER and she tells them what happened and someone says. "Okay, Miss Conner just stay there with him okay?" She nods as she gets tears and says. "Okay." 

Ashley looks at Chris and he says. "Babe?" She places her hand on his cheek and says. 'You're going to be okay Chris, please, you have to live." She says as she hears the Ambulance coming up. "You have to not leave me!" 

He holds her hand that is covered in his blood and says as he closes his eyes because of the pain. "It hurts." She says. "I know, I'm sorry love." 

The EMTs run to her and they peel her away and she says. "I want to go with him."

Kate gets out of her car and runs to them and says as Ashley turns and looks at her. 'What happened?" Ash says with tears. "Someone shot at us."

Kate hugs Ashley and says. "I am sure he will be okay." Ash cries and they get Chris into the ambulance and she says. "Excuse me? can I go with him?" The EMT looks at her and he nods saying. "Go right ahead." 

Ash looks at Kate and she says. "It's okay, I will be here, go with Your man." Ash nods and gets in.

Ashey holds Chris's hand and someone asks her. "What's your relation to Mr.Evans?" She looks at the man and says. "I am his Fiancee" 

He nods and they give something to Chris and he looks at Ash and says. "Hey, you're still here?" Ash rubs his hand and says with a small smile.

"Of course I am babe, I am not leaving you." 

He smiles and gets a wave of pain and says as he shuts his eyes. Can I get anything for the pain?"

Ashley looks at the AMT and he says as he looks at Chris's Heartrate. "We just gave him something, it takes time." She nods and she looks down at Chris and he looks back at her and says. 'Are you okay? Did you get hurt!?" 

She nods and says. "Yeah, I am okay but you got shot in the chest they are getting you into the ER right now." 

He nods and says as he falls asleep. "I love you so much." 

Ash looks at the EMT and he looks at her and says. "it's okay, Miss Conner, he is just asleep, the meds do that." 

She nods and looks at Chris and says a prayer that he makes it. 

At the Hospital. 

They rush Chris into the OR and Ash is stopped by a nurse who says. "Miss, I am sorry but you have to stay here." 

Ash nods and walks down a hallway and She gets a call from His mother who is in tears asking how he is and what happened. "He is okay, Lisa, they said he is lucky but they have him in OR right now, so I don't know anything more." 

Lisa says. "Honey, I am sure you need a break, Scott and I are on our way now, just stay there." 

Ash nods and says as she gets tears. "I just haven't had a chance to breathe and...I don't" 

Lisa says. 'Ashley wait there." she hangs up and ash is in the hallway and she looks at Chris as they prep him for surgery and she slides down the wall and brings her knees to her chest and shuts her eyes, hoping it's not real.

Lisa and Scott arrive about ten minutes later and Lisa sees ash on the ground and she says as she kneels by Ashley. "Hey sweetheart, are you okay?" 

Ashley looks at Lisa and says.

"I don't know, I feel like I am in a nightmare right now and I just want to wake up!" Lisa hugs Ash close and Scott says ."I am sure Chris will be okay, He is Captain America so he has to make it." 

Lisa looks at her son and he says under his breath. "Sorry, mom." Lisa looks back at Ashley and says. 'Oh, Honey I know he will be okay, just have faith." 

Ash wipes away her tears when the doctor walks out and says. "Ashley Conner?" 

Ash stands up and says. "Yes?" 

The doctor says. "We were able to remove the bullet, but he has a long way to home, he is right now in room 78 if you want to stay with him, only one person at a time because of Covid please." 

Ash looks at Lisa and Lisa says. "Your the one getting married to him, go on." 

Ash nods and the doctor walks with her and they get into the elevator and the doc says. "I wanted to talk to you about what happened to him, Ashely, he is in bad shape, what went down?" 

She looks at him and says. "He and I were on our way to our date when someone just shot at us and then I heard a car drive off but I didn't even think to see the pate because I was more worried about my boyfriend who was bleeding, so I am sorry if I can't help you out!" 

He holds his hands up and says. "I'm sorry if I upset you, but it's what the hospital wants for me to ask." 

She looks at him and says. "I just want to wake up from this...this nightmare!" They walk out and she heads into his room and sees him hooked up to an IV and she says as she sits by him and holds his hand. "how's his other vitals?" 

The doctor says. "They are better than when he came in, he was near death and we weren't sure if he would make it through the surgery." 

She smiles and says. "His Heart rate is above normal, is that a good thing?" 

The doctor walks to the vitals and says as he looks at Chris's Heart rate. "How do you know what you're looking for?" 

She says as he rubs her thumbs on Chris's hand hoping he will know she is there. "I am studying to be an RN, was I right?" 

He looks at her and says. "Yes, you were, I should report this to the head nurse," he says as he walks past her. "You'd make a good RN one day, and come to me if you want to work in LA hospital." 

She nods and says. "Yes sir." 

He walks out and Ash looks at Chris who is still asleep and she says as he holds his hand. "Come on Chris, just fight this off. I can't lose you, you mean too much to me and I don't want to live without you in my life, I want to marry you, I want to be your wife and best friend, I want to have kids with you, overall Chris, I love you." She kisses his head and then waits for him to wake up. 

More soon!! Thanks for reading my 30th chapter!