Chapter 2: Asking her

Ashley looks out the window and thinks in her head. "What happened to Scarlett?" She pulls her phone out and dials her number.

Scarlett wakes up and says as she rubs her head. "Oh, what the heck?" She picks up her phone and says. "Hello?" Ash says in a cheery tone. "Hey, girl how are you?" Scarlett says as she swings her legs out of bed. "Holy cow! Shut up ash not so loud" Ashley stops and Scarlett says. "I am good, just work up. Should I ask what happened last night?" Ashley says as she looks out the car window. "Um you were drunk, think about it," Scarlett says in a shocked tone. "Did I say something bad to someone?!" Ash says with a grin. "No, you didn't. At least not that I know of, I got home around midnight and that's all I remember," Scarlett says. "Oh, I don't remember, did you meet anyone I know?" Ashley says with a grin. "I met Chris, you called us out for dancing," Scarlett says as she rubs her head. "Your kidding. Ashley shakes her head and says as the cab pulls up to her work. "Hey girl, I have to get going, I will talk to you soon." She hangs up.

Ashley walks into her office and sees someone in her chair. She sets her purse on the hook and says. "Hello?" The chair spins. Ashley looks mad when she sees it's her ex-Boyfriend, Charlie Puth. he says as she grins. "Hello, my dear." She says as she opens the door. "Get out" Charlie stands up and says. "Why so soon love? We have to talk." Ash says as he walks to her. "We don't have anything to talk about, so why don't you just leave?" He drags his finger down her cheek and says as he looks into her eyes. "I say we should talk" She slaps his hand away and he grabs it and says as she looks right at him. "That's something you don't want to do to me, you know how I get when I am attacked." She says. "Then don't touch me and you won't get hurt!" He scoffs and lets go of her and walks around her office and he says. "So, How shall we start talking?" Ash crosses her arms and says. "I think you should just get lost Charlie," He says. "Why don't you talk to me?" She says as she raises her voice. "Because I was the one cheated on! And you didn't even seem sorry about going off with her that night! So please if I am wrong then tell me now!" He looks at her and says. "She came on to me Ash i-" She cuts him off saying. "The way you told me about that night, It sounded like you started it not her, so don't give me that crap talk Puth!!" He looks at her and is turning red in the face.

Someone knocks on the door and Ashley opens it and jack is there and he says. "Oh, I'm sorry did I interrupt something?" Ashley sighs and says. "No, he was just leaving," Charlie says. "Just think about what I have said Ash before you hurt the next person you love!" He walks out. Jack says as he looks back at Charlie walking away. "What happened?" Ashley sits down and says. It's nothing Jack, I just ran into my ex here." He shakes his head and says. "Ok then, You have a call on line 3" he walks out She nods and gets to work. 

Ashley gets a call from Chris

She smiles and picks up saying

She smiles and picks up saying. "hello?" He says. "Hey Ash, Just checking to see if your feeling any better. Scarlett told me you had a headache?" Ash smiles and says. "Oh, it left when Charlie left." Chris leans back in his chair and says as he looks at the laptop. "Who's Charlie?" Ash says. "My ex-Boyfriend." He says as he leans towards his laptop. "Are you ok?" She nods and says. "Um, yeah I am, I got angry at him so he left," 

Chris says in a soft tone. "Did he hurt you?" Ashley says. "No, Chris I told him to leave. I'm ok, I promise." He sighs and Ashley says to him. "Evans?" he says. "Conner?" She smiles and says. "What time are we going out?" Chris smiles and says. "Thank you for switching the subject, Um I was thinking around 6?" Ashley says. "Sounds perfect. And thank you for asking me." he nods and says. "I should get back to work, I might get in big trouble if I'm distracted by your voice." Ashley feels like her heart stopped beating when he said those words. She says. "You called me first, see you at 6," He says as he smiles. "Bye Ash." They hang up and Ashely spins around in her chair and says. "Yes!"