Chapter 3: The date

Ashley Walks into her bathroom and sees the clock above the sink says. "5:55" She brushes her hair and kate walks into the bedroom saying. "Hey, Ash?" Ashley peeks her head out and says. "Yes, kate?" Kate looks at her best friend and says. "Whoa, where are you going?" Ash walks out and grabs her dress and heels saying. "Out with someone, why?" Kate crosses her arms and says with a smirk "Would this someone happen to be Chris?" Ashley looks at her friend and says as she feels the heat in her cheeks. "Maybe." Kate rolls her eyes and says. "Is he picking you up here?" Ash says as she put Mascara on. "I think so." 

This is the outfit Ashley has on. 

Ashley walks out of the bathroom and Kate says as she grins

Ashley walks out of the bathroom and Kate says as she grins. "You look sexy Ash damn!" Ashely smiles and grabs her handbag and says. "Wish me luck," Kate says. "Good luck girl, have funnnn" She teases. Ash walks out of the apartment and She sees Chris leaning on his car with flowers in his hand. He stands up and says as he walks to her. "Damn, who knew you could be sexy and cute?" She smiles and says. "Hello to you too Chris." He kisses her cheek and hands her the flowers and says. "Shall we go?" She walks to his car and he opens the door and she says. "Sure." She gets in and he runs to the driver's side and gets in. She looks at him as he drives off. "So Evans?" He says "Hmm?" She leans closer to him saying. "What did I not know about you?" He grins and says. "Hmm, I work at different places." He says. "let me ask you a question." She smiles and says. "Sure thing," he says as he drives. "How did your ex find you?" She sits more and says. "I don't know but it's ticking me off seeing him! I am so over him because he cheated on me and he still can't get over me?!" He says. "Sorry if it's a sore subject." she looks at the window saying. "It's not but I just want to enjoy tonight." He says he drives and stops at a red light. "I'm sorry Ash, I just wanted to make sure you're ok." She looks at him and says with a smile. "I am, really I'm just wishing he would just leave me the hell alone." 

Chris pulls into the restaurant parking lot and turns off his car. he gets out and Ashley opens her door and Chris says with his hand out to her's. "I am trying to be a gentleman for you ash, at least let me get the door." She takes his hand and stands up saying. "I am surprised the paparazzi haven't found us." Ash has her arms on Chris's and they walk to the front door and he says as he opens the door. "Maybe they are tired of me." Ash giggles and says. "How could someone get tired of your face?" He grins at her and says. "I don't know." She waits for the hostess and Chris looks around and says. "Why is no one here?" Ashley Look at her phone saying. 'It's 7:20, Did they close?" Someone walks out and says. "Hello, sorry to keep you two waiting, Just two?" Chris nods and says. "yes."  She walks them to a table in the back and Chris pulls out her chair and Ashley sits saying. "Thank you." He smiles and sits down across from her. 

They enjoy a nice evening and Chris says as he picks up his glass of wine. "A toast." She picks her glass up and says. "To what?" Chris says. "To a new friendship." She hits his glass saying. "new friendship." He sips his wine and Ash does the same thing.  They eat and when done they just sit there talking to each other. 

 Ashely says as she looks at Chris. "So Evans, you need to tell me more about you." He says as he looks into her eyes." "I moved to LA from Boston back in 1999 and I travel around the world for movie scenes" he raises his eyes brow saying. "Anything else?" She shakes her head and says as she catches a glimpse of someone. Charlie. "Crap!" She says as she looks away. "He's here." Chris looks behind him and Charlie looks at them and Chris looks back at Ash and says. "ash?" She says. "What?" he says in a low tone. "I am going to talk to him about leaving you alone, Ok?" She says. "No no Chris it's fine I just try to ignore him." He says. "Well, that's not working out so I am going to talk to him." He stands up and Ash says. "Evans!" She stands up and stands in front of him and says. "I said no, I can just let him go." Chris looks at Ashley saying. "That's not working out ash if he hurts you-" Ash says. "I know what to do!" She takes her purse and takes his hand and walks out. 

They walk to the car and Chris stops and Ashley looks at him saying. "You ok?" He shakes his head saying. "I just don't want him to hurt you, if he went to your job he might know where you live them." Ashley sighs and says as she shoulders her purse. "Look, I am grateful for you trying to keep me safe but, I will let you know when I need you to do that." He nods and she looks at him and says. "Chris?" he looks at her eyes and she says. "Do you trust me?" He nods slowly saying. "I think so." She takes his hand and says. "Then trust me now." They get into his car and drives off. 

Back at home. 

Ashley gets out and Chris walks her to the door. Kate opens it saying. "Oh hey, you two!!" She looks at Chris and says. "Ah hi Evans." Ashley looks at her roommate and says. "Can we help you kate?" Kate smiles and says. "I am just glad your back home early," Chris says as he blushes. "She is safe Kate, I wouldn't hurt her," Kate says as she crosses her arms. 'I know that I am like her mom so it's my job to worry when she is out this Late" Ash says as she glances at her watch. "What time is it?" *The time is 12:00* She looks at Chris and says. "It's midnight! Holy crap um, ok then I thought it was around ten." Chris says as he glances at Kate. "So she is your mom?"  Ashley says. "Oh um, she was just leaving." Ash looks at kate and kate says. "Oh right hehe sorry." She shuts the door and Chris stands there and Ash says. "Thank you for such a great night, I needed it." He looks at her saying. "I am glad you liked it." She stands there and says. "I should head inside." He smiles and says. "Don't want to keep your mom waiting." She laughs and says. "Right!" She starts to walk in when Chris grabs her hand and says. "Ash?" She looks at him and he leans in and he kisses her lips softly. He pulls away and she stares at him and says. "What was that for?" He says with a smile. "I don't know." She says with a grin. "Well, I liked it thank you." She walks in and heads to bed hoping that her ex would leave her alone. 

More soon!