o5. destruction..

"I don't care what happens to her!" Daisy heard her mother shout. "She is a monster, that's what she is. A psychotic child capable only of destruction..."

"We spent years of savings on useless treatments for her and she almost burned us alive," her father had the decency to try and whisper. But the walls were thin and Daisy could hear absolutely everything from that room they locked her in the hospital. She had no objects around herself, just the cleaness and the witeness, blinding her eyes that kept hurting from the tears.

"She's your daughter...," a calmer voice tried to reason.

"She's not!" her mother cut that man off. "A mother feels an unfiltered love for their child, but I cannot look at Daisy and remember that love anymore."

"Take her away, lock her up, just keep that thing away from us and our son," the father continued, spiteful.

Daisy sniffled. She heard steps and soon, the door opened. Two men walked in; strangers.

"Where is mom and dad?" Daisy backed away, closer to the wall and further from the strangers.

"She's too young," the tallest of the men whispered.

"Hush now, Erik..."

"I didn't mean to hurt them, please!" Daisy ignored their exchange of whispers and pouted, her lips quivering and her eyes still teary. "I don't know what happened but I know I didn't want to start the fire..."

"I know that, Daisy. My name is Charles Xavier and this is Erik Lehnsherr...," the shorter one smiled gently to her, speaking in her mind. Just as he lowered down at her level, he noticed her hazel eyes flashed for barely a second to yellow.

"Why can I hear you if your lips are not moving? That's not how talking works...," unknowingly and rather confused, Daisy, a mere child, like Erik noticed, projected her thoughts directly into both their minds.

Charles laughed lightly, beyond impressed and looked up at Erik.

"Why are you saying that?" Daisy asked outloud as she heard his thoughts. "I don't understand. I am just sick right? You can fix me and I can just go back to my family, right?"

"There is no easy way to tell you this, child," Erik finally spoke up as Charles just hesitated. "Your parents saw what you can do, called it disease and decided they feared you. We don't fear you, we never will. Because you are not sick and we are just like you."

"We'll be your new family," Charles extended her hand to her. "If you let us be..."

With a gasp, Daisy hit the land of the moon. It took her a few seconds, dizzy from the impact, to realize what everything that happened truly meant. The beam, the one that collects energy... Adam...

As her thoughts came together, she turned around. "No..." Adam was fast, but not fast enough to get out of harm's way. It felt as if all the land was swept from under her feet once she looked back onto the scene and distinguished Adam, burning brighter and brighter, while that beam fed off his energy.

Anothe cannon hit him.

Daisy lost all sense of what she needed to do. She couldn't feel her own heart anymore, even if it was in her chest. She tried to move away and reach him, but as soon as her feet came off the ground, she felt a hand around her wrist.

Erik was dropped on the moon by Kurt and he immediately surrounded himself and Daisy with a magnetic field, preserving some pressure and some oxygen.

He pulled her back on the ground and just as they locked eyes, a deaf explosion that she was with the back at lit his face in the colors of the universe.