oo. prologue..

Daisy Vince has always been a very sick child. Since she was six, which meant as long as she could remember back into her childhood, her days were spent into hospitals.

Thought it started with pulmonary cancer, uncharacteristic for her age, it got weirder and weirder, because she healed from all those diseases fast, only to show symptoms and develop another, in a matter of weeks.

The doctors took four years to dilute that the reason behind the anomaly was that Daisy not only had mutations of the genes, but she was subconsciously creating them with her own special gene that was not a disease. She was a mutant whose eyes saw the genetic flaws and differences in humans and automatically stored and applied the date onto herself.

Her power didn't seem much back than. Especially not to her parents whose only thought was that extra annoyance of now having to make sure their daughter didn't meet any sick people.

"What kind of useless mutant are you? Your only power is to get sick," her brother used to laugh about it.

All until they realized she didn't see only the flaws and the things toxic to the body... Daisy was eleven and looking at the tv when the news of mutants came on. A man on fire showed up on screen and she lit herself on fire, burning down the house with her too.

So did nature scream its chain of superiority again. Daisy's parents refused to endanger themselves and their son any longer in order to raise the unstable monster they created. But before she'd be tossed away into an orphanage, without another chance at survival, she got lucky.

Charles Xavier and Erik Lehnsherr found her and took her with them, though not necessarily as an asset to their team, since she was still a child, but as someone who needed guidance more than ever and did not deserve to be treated like a monster yet.

They raised her in safety, acceptance and harmony. At least until Cuba.

After their split, Daisy remained with Charles, at his new school as one of the first students. And that became the foundation of how she grew to be more confident in what she can do... the start of all her dreams and goals.

Charles taught Daisy how to control the information her eyes stored and attempt only applying it to her own DNA consciously. She learnt from the best and she learnt fast, despite the process being harder than she'd have taught.

And at the end of the day, all Daisy grew up to desire, was to be part of the X-Men. Sure, she was part of a big family and she was accepted and cared for, but somewhere out there, Erik was still fighting. The X-Men were the only ones going on missions and if missions included him, who she also cared about, then she wanted to be good enough to join.

She worked towards that dream... towards being good enough, until she was twenty one. Then, fate worked its miracle and Jean Grey lost control. Daisy was not involved in the action with the Apocalypse, but she knew Jean and having to fight her shook her immensely.

It all culminated like a badly written tragedy, because Erik and Daisy met again on the "battlefield", but long before any of them could anticipate, Jean saw the weakness and exploited it without hesitation, blinded in the moment by darkness.

She moved her hand and all the metal Erik threw her way, she formed into bullets, sending them back. The so-called Magneto was taken off guard and he redirected them all, anywhere but at him.

One bullet hit Daisy.

History repeated itself, only this time, no one would forgive Erik, not even himself. The bullet went through Daisy's head and all lights went out for her.

She survived out of a miracle though, because she saw a tape of someone called Wolverine and because before she'd be buried, Hank checked her vitals that were there, faint, but there.