o5. reunion..

( gif by potter_spellbook

( gif by potter_spellbook.. )

"I know you realize the gravity of your actions, but let me just remind you how tough it will be to explain why you murdered almost sixty people in total outside the borders of this country," Charles spoke to Daisy. 

When she woke up from the tranquilizer, about ten minutes ago, she was greeted by the knowledge that she returned in the school and she was in Charles' office, with him and Erik. They were talking, though her mind was buzzing with the voices of the entire place.

Daisy was losing control, but she kept quiet about it and she certainly didn't let Charles get into her head again, even if she felt him trying to a couple of times.

Now, she was sitting in an armchair, holding a hot cup of tea in between her hands, still wearing over her shoulder the blanket she had over her while unconscious. Charles and Erik were across the room, both watching her, expecting some reactiong.

"Wow," she mumbled, blankly looking ahead, but not directly and netiher of the man she grew to see as some sort of parents she wished she had. "I must be the disappointment of the family..."

"Watch your attitude-"

"Or what?" Daisy suddenly snapped back. She fixed her eyes on Erik and tilted her head. "You'll drug me again? Lock me up, maybe? Tell me, what will you do exactly?"

"Daisy...," Charles tried to interfere, but his calm voice was easily covered by Daisy's shameless loud tone.

"Oh, sorry," she faked a laugh and set that cup of tea aside, yanking the blanket off of her. "I forget you two prefer lies and manipulation as the best strategy against mindless subordination."

While Charles was worried, Erik watched Daisy get up with a distant emotionless facade. He kept his turmoil internal, quiet; he kept the fact that he thought she was right to himself.

"What?" Daisy looked back at Charles. "No explanatory speech this time, Professor?"

"We tried to protect you..."

"By hiding from me the fact that mutants are still not safe out there!" Daisy exclaimed. "You really thought I would spend my entire life in this school? Did you really think you could handle this whole Anchor thing on your own? How many more mutants should have died for you to admit that keeping me oblivious was selfish and...?"

"Calm down," Erik tried to steo closer, especially since Daisy made a step forward and he noticed the small tremor of her tea cup.

"Calm down?" Daisy stopped and turned to him, in disbelief. "How could you tell me to calm down?"

"Maybe our plan wasn't the best, but it did work, for a long time," Erik glared back at her. She didn't take that coldness well, in fact, she took it as rejection.