o5. blindness..

"It's Kilgrave."

"No, Jessica, he's dead," Luke's voice spoke through the speaker of the phone she held so tightly to her ear. Her expression was pained and her right leg bounced nervously. It was hard, juggling between all this fear and the control she had to grip in order to not smash her phone.

Luke's voice was calming, but not nearly enough to stir her away from this chaotic mindset. "You and I both know he's dead. I am sure this is just another punk-"

"When are you and Danny getting back here?" she insisted with her question.

Luke sighed deeply, pausing. "There's been a complication. Danny was taken away by some sort of Wizard in a cape and I can't find trace of them anymore..."

"Damn it," Jessica closed her eyes slowly, biting down on her bottom lip. Her panic attacks have always been silent and it all started the moment she pushed her free hand into the bouncing leg, stopping it in place.

"I already gave Matt a message. He'll be there tonight, so please wait for him, Jess."

She didn't even properly hear the last few things he told her. Before she could even realize it, holding her breathing to a quiet frequency, the call ended and Jessica woke up alone, in a darkness, in a world of the possibility that Kilgrave managed to come back.

It was irrational, but the facts were speaking for themselves. One man was spotted controlling masses of people in plenty of countries and now, in New York too, somewhere close to Hell's Kitchen. It was too close.

Jessica has been tracking this man, unable to get any type of physical description on him, ever since his first mass control. It's been a year since then and she already knew this man was working for an organization named Anchor that dealt with mutants.

It all made too much sense. Mind control and mutations. What if someone found Kilgrave's body and brought him back to life? What if they used his DNA and made a whole new weapon? And since they were in her city... who could reassure her that he wasn't there for her?

Of course, what didn't fit to her overthinking was that this possible Kilgrave was carrying around an apparent American official. Is he acting like some sort of bodyguard? Are they controlling him now that they brought him back to life...?

Her mind was her doom and her salvation, because the second she realized her information linked together all too well, Jessica got up from her seat and left her tiny, dirty apartment. As a Private Investigator, she had her ways of tracking down people and she has been truly keeping tabs on this man.

Even if she liked it or not, Kilgrave was her responsibility and mind control would not be tolerated on her watch. Knowing Matt Murdock also had his own special abilities and could find her, were he to actually show up, Jessica went straight for the supposed Kilgrave, right where she knew he'd be.

What she didn't expect though when she entered the fancy hotel was to see everyone else, guests and staff, all rush out the small front entrance that she slipped in through.

"Who are you?" A voice greeted her. His lips didn't move when the next question was heard by Jessica and she froze in place. "You are not who I was waiting for."

Her muscles spasmed and tightened and Jessica couldn't move anymore. But her mouth was fine, she could speak, "How the fuck are you controlling me without giving a command?"

He wasn't Kilgrave. He looked nothing like him to start with and even if somehow his genes were involved, this man was able to control her with pulses of energy alone, no words.