o4. weapon a..

( gif by potter_spellbook

( gif by potter_spellbook.. )

"I want every weapon we have on Daisy," Dr. Hayes spoke through the comms with her soldiers approaching the two mutant targets.

"What about Adam Lowe?" The commander asked. Their preparations have been made sufficiently only to take Adam down, not an unclassified Omega they didn't understand the abilities of yet.

The way Anchor worked, the trick that made it so efficient against the most dangerous class of mutants, was that it disregarded any human loss, for the sake of research. There was no way for them to know and create weapons that worked against Omega's unless they fought them directly.

To discover the weakness of an all powerful being, you have to lose a couple of times. It took them three fails to understand Adam's weakness too and Dr. Hayes was a patient woman, especially when macabre curiosity made created goosebumps across her skin.

"Forget about Adam. I want to know what makes her tick." Dr Hayes ended the transmission and the Commander understood that this mission turned rather quickly into a death sentence.

Yet he turned around to the soldiers and spoke into their ground comms as if he thought they could figure this out without dying.

He talked in pride and confidence, "Plans changed. There is this female mutant on terrain, Daisy. Don't be fooled by the name of this monster, because she is a highly dangerous target and needs to be caught and examined. Avoid Adam Lowe and take the girl down, no matter the costs."

"All plasma cannons hot and ready," the announcement came. On top of their vehicles, that stopped a couple of meters away, were weapons ready to fire. They all exited the cars.

Anchor sent an enormous team, armed well, but they were underprepared for what followed. Since Charles and Erik made sure Daisy's powers wouldn't be weaponized earlier on in her life, there was no vivid record made public of what she could really do.

The Anchor had Daisy in their visor, right in front of them. All their cannons were pointed on her when she rose her hand.

"Sir?"

"Fire!"

That command didn't save them. Daisy refrained her entire life from using her full potential without even knowing it and just then, she tightened her fist, stopping all blasts in mid air. Her hand opened commanding the blasts to reverse into the cannons, blowing the weapons away.

"Lost visual of the enemy," a soldier shouted as Daisy was no longer in front of them.

Close combat was not something she would name a "strength" of her own, but she did need to be closer in order to properly attack them. The ground shook violently while she was dangerously tempering with the fine line of not really being in control.