o3. make everyone stop..

"An apparent mutant attack in the center of Riga has been the cause of death to a Belarusian Minister, there on a vacation, as well as to twenty other tourists, locals and staff members of the hotel. Images on site show that two floors of the building and the sidewalk have been covered in ice that can hardly be removed."

"Maybe this hostile mutant should move to Antarctica then. Make us some glaciers...," the host laughed, ticking Erik off so bad he flicked his hand and the TV turned off. The static noise it lefr behind was short, yet it endured through the silence of an early morning with a rough start.

"This is bad," Charles admitted. "Daisy's sloppiness won't only get Anchor's attention, but other governments will try to interfere too..."

"Hold on," Erik cut him off. "You think this was her fault? You said she's been in Hank's mind, even if he can't remember it, so she was probably just as confused as us about this."

"She killed twenty people, Erik. Then she came here and tortured the information out of Hank," Charles spoke, only stating the facts they knew. It hurt him to admit to all of this, but that was the truth before him, unfiltered by the attachments.

Charles knew just how mental walls can become unbearable when forcefully torn down and he couldn't ignore the pain Hank has been through, even if the memory was erased, as a spark of mercy.

"Maybe if we had just given her what we found out about her instead of hiding it..."

"Oh, please," Charles interrupted. "Don't criticize our methods when you are so obviously to blame for how she's acting."

"What?" Erik asked. It was very obvious, at least to him, that Charles was worried and since he didn't know how to fix the situation, annoyance and frustration controlled his anger.

"Daisy's been looking up to you since forever and now, she's following every single example you have laid for her, starting with not wanting to come back home."

"You can't blame me for a child that was mainly raised by you, Charles," Erik played along with the seething rage, stepping closer. "That's exactly why I stepped back and let you handle her."

"She killed people-"

"That was a mistake. Didn't you say you taught her control?" Erik paused and looked away. "If Hank's to be trusted with the medical appreciation this time, whatever Daisy did was something she had no say in. And it will happen again."

"You... You're right," Charles slowly sighed, rolling his wheelchair back and looking outside. The windows of his office were tall, but permanently covered with thin curtains. He could still see outside of them how the students of the school were carrying on with classes and he knew, deep down, that he clinged to an image of Daisy that will probably never return.

"Hello, Adam," just out of the blue, Charles changed his approached and he tilted his head.

Adam had appeared on their couch, through a wormhole. His logic was easy after leaving Daisy: though he disliked working as a team, he was fast to understand there was no way for him to be able to do everything alone anymore. However, he trusted only Daisy and that was enough of a weakness without adding more people in their team.

If he could somehow get Daisy the help she needes for her condition, then hopefully they could be back out there in time to take out the remaining known sponsors Anchor has.

Erik had a very much expected reaction. "You have some nerve, showing up here again," his right hand crunched into a fist and the metal of a lamp next to the couch bended, and reshaped into a blade that came up to Adam's throat.