o2. control freaks..

"No," Daisy crossed her arms at her chest, hands hugging her own elbows. She firmly shook her head as Jean got closer to her.

"There is no other way for Earth to survive..."

"I said no!" Daisy insisted, cutting her off. "What you are asking of us is pure madness, Jean. And where are you even, in this whole scenario?"

"My physical form is too unstable to be held, their weapons will become indestructible if they absorb the slightest bit of my energy."

Daisy nodded, a mockingly bitter smile upon her lips, "So you're not even joining us. You're asking us to let out everything we got-"

"You two can tear down and rebuild this whole universe if you only just put your mind to it," Jean was growing impatient with the resistance she has been met with.

"By losing control..."

"By gaining freedom!" Jean corrected her.

"Endangering the lives of everyone is not a freedom worth fighting for, damn it," Daisy frowned deeply. "I hate having to agree with Charles on this, but I felt what losing control meant for me and you just want me to tear down years of teachings... I simply cannot contain that much power at once, no matter how much my own DNA and you think I can!"

"We were all taught to be scared of ourselves-"

"For a very good reasons too!" she exclaimed, remembering so very vividly how terrified Charles' eyes have looked at her the day she woke up from the coma. For that second, she felt as if she was the freak again, as if she wasn't a mutant, as if she never did belong with her people.

"Daisy, I know how much you value control," Jean stepped forward again and this time, Daisy stepped back. "It's normal to cling onto that which makes us safe. But once you embrace the chaos within your genes-"

"Can you guarantee it won't kill anyone if I do that?"

The final morality to encapsulate the conflict behind Daisy's eyes was shaped into that question. She sighed, "My genes are forcing me to display power is some way and last time they did that, I froze a hotel, killing everyone caught by that energy. If that alien species want to take our energetic potential away then why not let them?"

"Because they will use it to lay waste of planets, that's their way of life," Adam finally spoke, claiming his say into the discussion. Daisy didn't expect him to side with Jean so the silence lingered a bit more, uncomfortably creating pressure and tension.

Daisy's eyes watched Adam, cautiously. He was such a wildcard to her. All the telepathy in the world couldn't help her figure him out. One second he'd save her, the other he'd betray her. Trust had nothing to do with their relationship and at this point, she was just sad that her naivety forced her to believe he'd be by her side.

The disappointment in her frown lingered in the image Adam held. He watched Daisy looking away from him. "I can use my mutation without having to lose all sense of myself and what I value," Daisy spoke.

"Can you activate all your stored genes at once?" Jean asked. "It's possible, you know," she noted once she read the shock on Daisy's features, "if only you'd stop worrying about the consequences and about your own fears."

Daisy gulped and looked down. No activating more than one DNA strand at once. That rule echoed in her mind through the filter of knowing she had the privilege of being raised by someone she could consider her father, in some perfect world. And even if she didn't agree with him anymore, she listened to Peter's no control advice and it ended up bad once.

She never had the time to admit it or think about, but that explosion of power scared her more than she let on. The fear was coded deep inside her brain, running in her veins. What if I let go and end up dooming everyone instead?