o3. trigger points..

Erik informed Adam of the escape plan and where they should be getting through the wormhole. In that chaos though, he failed to see himself ever making it out. He grew to like Adam enough over the course of the last year, enough to be content with protecting the kid in a last attempt to defeat Anchor.

But just as he was at peace with these thoughts, fate made it that he saw a mutant bring down the two helicopters. His eyes were not as great as they once were, now, after so many years that started to make age remarkable on him, but he did recognize Daisy.

In the middle of the fight, he shouted her name, only to realize, rather sadly, that it was silly to do so. Much like the last time their paths crossed, there was an impossible distance between them.

She left with Adam and once they were gone, the Anchor troupes were easier to discourage and force to retreat since they simply had no interest in wasting resources on mutants they couldn't use for whatever morbid motives they held.

Amongst the mutants that remained with Erik to facilitate the escape of others was someone who earned, years back, a degree in mechanics. They could fix them a ride from the scraps Anchor left behind, enough to get them to the nearest human settlement.

Erik's mind was not with his people though. The longer he thought about it, the surer he was that it was truly Daisy that he saw. It's been almost half a year since the gunshot and for half of that time, he thought she'd never wake up again.

While he was glad now to welcome the idea that she was awake, there were so many questions that same idea brought, like how did she get into his base? Why didn't she say anything? Why would Charles ever let her run around, and especially with Adam Lowe?

Right on time to answer those question, the familiar sound of custom turbines and engines, ready to take off even to space, filled the silence. The X-Men Jet landed nearby, earning the attention of Erik and his people. They got defensive immediately, up until he gestured for them to stand down and wait.

Seeing Charles, of all people, roll out of the jet confirmed to Erik that indeed, it was Daisy who he saw now about an hour ago. Otherwise, he knew Charles would not have come all this way. There were too many walls between them, too many unresolved issues they have never forgotten.

Regardless of whatever complicated reasons separated them though, Erik walked forward, towards Charles.

"Where is Daisy? Is she alright?" Charles asked hurriedly, skipping the greetings and the politeness. The only reason he let her go so easily, despite being so attached emotionally, was because he knew he could keep track of her.

Well, for some reason, he couldn't find her mind anymore, not even with Cerebro, and the last place she was heading for was Erik's settlement. Seeing it destroyed did not help ease Charles' worries.

"When were you going to tell me she woke up?" Erik chose to cross his arms at his chest, stubbornly refusing to answer Charles' question.

The tension was spiking fast, because Charles avoided looking at Erik. Having to explain everything out loud so shortly, made it seem like it was all a bad idea. "I didn't have time to tell you. She woke up suddenly and then ran away..."

"You let her run away?" Erik stepped forward. Charles leant back into his wheelchair, frowning a glance at his anger.

"What would you have liked me to do? Chain her up? She was angry, Erik... I didn't want to lose her trust..."

But there was more at stake than trust or some parental image Erik thought Charles was trying to mentain in Daisy's eyes. He was able to understand that, some time ago, that she'd need someone to look after her properly. But times changed, they had a different agreement now.