o2. frozen battle..

"Are you sure this was a good idea?"

Ever since Daisy left them, Charles spent most of his time wired to Cerebro, making sure that wherever she went, she wouldn't be in too much danger. And while Charles was sure that as long as they kept tabs on her, she should be fine and will return sooner than later, Hank was much more skeptical.

"Adam is not exactly the most trustworthy fellow," he pestered, just as Charles laid his helmet down. Hank's doubts laid well beyond just Daisy's company, of course.

He lost Raven to Jean's wrath and he'd admit it in a heartbeat that Daisy going rouge didn't sit right with him at all. And even if they watched her kill those men to get to Adam, Hank was concerned Charles was still ignoring the obvious danger.

"Simply the fact that she managed to find him and save him should be enough of a proof that..."

"That she's a lot more like Erik than you'd have guessed," Hank sighed, interrupting the Professor. "I know she's like a daughter to you, but do you really think letting her out there right now is the wisest thing to do?"

"My mistake with Jean was trying to keep her controlled and locked, even if just inside her own head. I cannot do the same with Daisy. If she doesn't want to be here, I cannot force her, Hank..."

"You chose a very bad time to get better at mutant relations," Hank answered with a bitter, huffed laugh. "And do you think she'll want to stay at Erik's settlement?"

The silence and Charles' distant gaze gave Hank the opportunity to rephrase his question, "Better so... Do you think he'd want her there?"

This time, Charles blinked himself back to reality and answered without hesitation, "Of course he would. He owes her this much, since all of this happened because of him. And since that was brought up..."

He trailed off, moving his wheelchair around and back towards the exit of Cerebro. Hank walked beside him, while Charles continued, "Any breakthroughs with why her energy got unstable after being shot?"

"We know it pierced all the way to the Occipital Lobe, so my guess is that it messed with her sensors of vision. Daisy's sensory system is already evolved beyond a human's or even ours... All the bullet did was set off an upgrade. But it's the instability that concerns me too."

Whatever instability she presented, Daisy must have frozen it off in confusion to latency once Adam pulled her through his opened wormhole. He expected a rough landing, so once they arrived, he floated his way back on the ground.

The perks of being him was that unless under high pressure, his abilities ran cosmic fire through his veins so it would be physically impossible of him to be cold, even in the Arctic. Daisy, however, fell down on her knees in the snow, from the landing, and regretted every choice in her life realizing that the cold winds were blowing and she was wearing a t-shirt and some thin pants, both things she knew she could feel comfortable in under a suit, not at the Poles.

Her jaw moved in a tremor as she got up. "A warning would have been nice...," she mumbled and tried to level her breath enough to bring out a different DNA structure stored in her memory. It took a bit longer before she felt warmth in her chest gathering and once she let her breath out, fire warmed her hands.

Daisy looked up to attempt hearing Adam's response, but the boy was already a few feet away and still walking towards the outline of a bunker door, faintly camouflaged in white.

"Wait!" Daisy hurried to follow him. Adam, however, turned around and rose his hand. Daisy bumped into his created gravitational field and was pushed back into the snow, with a small thud. Only then, Adam lowered hid hand.