o1. boom..

Riga, Latvia . . .

With the river Daugava, the Baltic Sea right next door, this capital city was the apogee of art nouveau, of tradition and medieval peace. Yet Adam Lowe simply knew better than to trust captials these days. Him and Daisy didn't approach the city until they knew exactly what plan they had.

So for a couple of days, they laid low in an abandoned cabin, resting, regaining their stamina and making sure they know the schedule of their target: Lantsov Luka, a Belarusian political figure, confidential sponsor of Anchor.

"Run me through everything we know," Adam sighed, looking over his notes.

"He's on a vacation, alone, currently staying at Riga Float, basically in the center of the city. He has four guards permanently by his side, most likely Anchor and they have all been equipped with telepathic repellents, as well as those weapons that hurt you," Daisy recited, pausing to take a bite out of her chocolate bar.

Adam looked up and watched her chew, rather full of disbelief. "Oh, no, don't worry, take your time."

"As I was saying," Daisy rolled her eyes, swallowing the chocolate, then continuing listing all the information she gathered. "Lantsov is going to leave his hotel room at 10pm, as he does every night, and go down to the spa level for a quiet, alone time. That's when he'll have only two guards with him. We will have already infiltrated the hotel by then, and once we're close enough, you'll take Lantsov out."

"The cameras in the city?" Adam asked, looking back at his notes and cheeing nervously on his pen. "If the cameras spot us, then the guards will be alerted and Anchor too and-"

"I'll conceal us while in the city, like always," Daisy answered calmly, stretching back and laying again on the bed in the cabin. The bed was just a scrawny looking mattress, but Adam did wormhole them some blankets and pillows, to not be affected by the cold in the night.

"It's going to be as easy as the last two," Daisy insited, feeling the stench of anxiety vibrating off of Adam.

"The last two were most definitely not the same as Lantsov!" He threw the pen on the table and turned around, to fully face Daisy. She preferred staring at the ceiling while he continued, "The last two were in remote places and..."

"You know," Daisy sat up, propping herself back on her elbows. "We will have, at some point, to go after them normally, not just pray that someone goes on a vacation. We may be making it look like accidents all the time, but Anchor will catch up. It's been two weeks already, it won't be long until everyone does catch up."

"You said you can keep Professor X off our backs."

"Yeah," she sighed, getting up from the bed. "But he has Cerebro and I have one pair of headphones and many other tasks in this team because apparently, I do all the hard-"

Daisy lost her trail of thoughts to a very distinguished grimace. That pain in the center of forehead, deep inside her skull, it returned. In fact, it has been returning a lot lately, each time lasting just a bit longer, being just a little bit stronger.

Adam got up from his chair, in time to catch Daisy and help her stand properly. Though he didn't understand why exactly she was having these migraines and she wouldn't explain, Adam held onto her arm and back, keeping her from collapsing.

It's been two weeks and two successful corrupt politicians they have handled, but their trust level remained, potentially, to the same professional bare minimum. He couldn't blame her, he wouldn't trust himself either.

OMEGA ( x-men.. ) ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara