o1. phoenix aftermath..

"After a man and his family went stargazing and captured images with their telescope of what seems to be an unidentified object the size of Australia, coming in and approaching our Moon, Governments all around the world took action, confirming the alien contact. While China has initiated an alert state and they have started moving citizens in bunkers, we are still waiting for our President to make a statement. Until he comes out of the UN meeting, all we can hope for is that our visitors have come here in peace..."

"Aliens," Adam sighed, turning the TV sound down a few lines. He looked down beside him, at Daisy, whose worry was so much more visible now to him.

Charles was called upon as a representative of the mutants at the UN meeting and has been away for a few hours already, taking the Jet and Hank with him. Meanwhile, everyone else got stuck inside the school, listening to how the news obsessed over this one event, and that alone.

Erik has been contacting the mutants out there and with Charles' approval beforehand, the doors of the school were opened to so many new guests. Adam and Daisy were obviously sent to rest, as if that could ever happen.

He had no problem taking a nap while the aliens were coming over to wave Earth, but Daisy's restlessness got out of hand. Even without telepathy, he could tell that her mind and thoughts were spinning just about as fast as the wheel of a race car on the last mile.

"Okay," Adam sighed. "What's wrong? Are your eyes not fully functional again...?"

Daisy turned to him, a plea behind her expression, hidden in her voice, "Do you think they're here because of us?"

"Sometimes, I think you are pressuring me intentionally into saying that you're lucky you are pretty," Adam narrowed his eyes and scrunched his nose. "Why would actual aliens, probably not even from this galaxy, be here because of us? We may be pretty much Gods, but I doubt the world revolves..."

"No," she cut him off with an irritated shake of her head. They went together to her old room, sitting on the bed until then, when she got up. "I blew that moon you made and I don't know. What if they didn't like it? What if they read the energy and thought it was a war message?"

"Daisy," Adam sighed, moving his right hand through his golden locks of hair, pulling it back and out of his face, despite the fact that once his hand returned on his lap, so did the locks bounce back on his face. "This isn't the first time I go to space and test around some powers."

"What?" Her pacing halted abruptly.

"A few trips to some stars, tried to see how they look up close," Adam admitted, carelessly listing. "Oh, and I may have made a few black holes disappear in order to study their behaviour. But who cares," he shrugged. "It's not like we need them."

Daisy's jaw clenched. Her eyebrows arched upwards. She slowly spun around to face him. "You did what?" Daisy articulated the question.

"Calm down," Adam measured her, from top to bottom, amused. "It's no big deal..."

"It's no big deal?" Daisy interrupted him straight away, stepping forward. The burst of anger manifested through a tremor going across the metallic objects in the room. "Have you any idea how fragile the balance of the universe is and just how much importance every single atom holds?"

"I know you got raised by a very strict man, but that's no excuse for acting like him-"

"I am not acting like Charles, for fuck's sake!" Daisy shouted and the few metal objects in the room all bended and crunched down. She glared at their nose, and the poor items, all just common picture frames or furniture, shaped back to their normal stare.