CHRISTIAN - 4AM

I COULDN'T fall asleep, so I decided to make some cookies. I slipped out of bed, glancing at Christian sleeping before going downstairs. He somehow looked even more perfect when he slept.

In the kitchen, I got out all the ingredients and got to work. I danced around the kitchen to a song in my head, waiting for the cookies to bake.

"Baby, what're you doing?"

I spun around to see Christian in the doorway rubbing the sleep from his eyes. He was shirtless and his shorts hung low on his hips. Of course I'd seen him like that a million times, but every single time my heart would still race.

"Making cookies, duh," I teased.

"At 4AM?"

"That's the only time you can bake cookies. You didn't know that? It's like you can only summon the devil at 3AM."

Christian rolled his eyes and walked over to me. I hopped onto the counter and he stood in between my legs. My hands slipped into his hair as he leaned his head against my chest, his hands on either side of my thighs. He had his eyes closed and he hummed while I massaged his scalp.

He picked up his head after a minute and smiled at me. Our lips were only an inch apart when the timer went off. I squealed as Christian wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing me as he picked me up and set me down off the counter.

I took the cookies out of the oven, shutting it off, and set them aside to cool.

"Can we go back to bed now?" Christian asked, leaning against the counter.

"I guess," I smiled. "Hopefully I can actually fall asleep." I gave him a quick kiss before we went upstairs.