SAM - THE GRAVEYARD

WE'D BEEN sitting in the church in a circle of chairs talking for maybe an hour until I got tired and suggested we move to the cots. It was a long day, full of scares from the ghost equipment—and from Jake. I laid down on the cot under my blanket and tried to go to sleep.

I slept for only a short time. For some reason, my head started hurting and I just couldn't fall back asleep. After a while of tossing and turning, I sat up. I noticed there was another blanket over me—Sam must've put it there after hearing me complain about how cold this church was. I smiled to myself as I glanced over at his sleeping figure. I put my head in my hands and rubbed my eyes. I could hear the faintest sound of people talking outside.

I glanced over at the sleeping boys, debating if I should wake them. I decided against it; before we fell asleep, Sam and Colby had told the camera we would try to get a good night of sleep since we hadn't had one since arriving in London. I'd go investigate and let them sleep.

I put on my shoes before going to the door. The latch made a loud bang that echoed through the church. I prayed I didn't wake anyone up and went into the little doorway.

"Hey."

I whipped around to see Sam standing there with wide eyes. I must've woken him with the latch.

"What're you doing?"

"I could hear voices out here—"

"You were just gonna go alone?" Sam retorted. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I know you guys haven't slept good since we landed, so I didn't want to bother you. I couldn't sleep anyway."

"Just come back inside please," Sam sighed, rubbing his eyes.

I slinked back inside and shut the door behind me.

"I was worried about you, Y/N," Sam whispered. "I woke up and you weren't there. Please don't do that again. Especially when we're in a different country."

I knew he wasn't mad and taking a tone on purpose; he was just worried about me. A smile took over my face and I wrapped my arms around him. He let out and deep breath and held me close.

"What'd you hear?" Sam asked.

I told him about what I thought was voices; We decided it'd be best just to close the latch on the church door and try to go back to sleep. Of course, that didn't last long when Colby woke up the exact same way an hour later.