Chapter 2-Archer Grey

Chapter 2

On my way to school that morning, I saw the remnants of the puddle that has been the reason why I wasn’t able to sleep well last night.

Even on my dreams, I was haunted by that kiss.

I don’t even know the guy and it was my first kiss!

I slapped my face and tried to forget it.

Mrs. Dayman entered the classroom and everybody fell silent. She’s one of our terror teachers and unfortunately, our adviser.

“Good morning.” She said as she scanned the room using her eye glasses.

“Good Morning Mrs. Dayman.” We replied.

“I have an announcement to make. The preparation for the annual school festival starts this week and our section is tasked on the decorations of the school gymnasium. And everybody should work.” She said emphasizing her last four words.

Everybody let out a disappointed “Ah.”

“There’s more.” She continued that set everybody silent “you’ll be having a new classmate.”

With what she said, the whole class’ attention were on her, including mine.

“Mr. Sanders, you can come in now” She called and the door opened showing a familiar face.

I stood up. “you.” I said mixed with anger.

“You…” He said, smiling, obviously amused.

“You two knew each other?” Mrs. Dayman asked.

“No.” I said.

“yes.” He said.

Mrs. Dayman’s brows twitched. “Well, MR. Anderson pelase sit down. Mr. Sanders please introduce yourself.”

He flashed a smile and he girls giggled, to my dismay.

“Good morning every one. I am Archer Grey Sanders; it’s nice to meet you all.” He said and whispered something to MRs. Dayman.

“Okay.” Mrs. Dayman agreed.

Grey walked towards me and said. “is this yours?” He asked pertaining to my bag situated in a vacant seat beside me.

“yes.” I said without looking at him.

“Would you mind?”

“Of course I would. There are a lot of vacant seats. Why do you have to sit here?” I snapped, not noticing that I am already shouting.

“Mr. Anderson, you are so mean. Please give Mr. Sanders the seat. And by the way, since Mr. Sanders needs some catching up to do, I appoint you to assist him.”

“What do you mean by assisting him?” I asked.

“You’ll tutor him.” Our adviser said simply and went back to writing something on the board.

I looked at Grey who was looking at me too. And the bastard, he was grinning.

“But ma’am, I don’t think I can do that.” I said in complain.

“No buts Mr. Anderson. And why not? You’re the top student of this class.” She said finishing writing a seatwork problem.

“Aargh!” I slapped my face and saw Pamela winking at me. She sighed something but I didn’t get what she meant.

 I looked back to the bastard and he was still grinning. I smirked at him and looked away, rolling my eyeballs

I heard him chuckle.

I won’t tutor you.  I thought. Who cares?

I copied the problem on my paper and started answering when I noticed him leaning. I covered my paper. “What do you think you’re soing?” I asked.

“Nothing. Don’t worry; I won’t copy your answer.” He smiled.

I immediately looked away. There’s something on that smile.

Aargh! What’s happening with me?

The day went by and I felt awkward. Why? I could really feel his gaze over me.

I pretended to exercise my head so that I could tilt it towards him and see what he’s doing. I ended up regretting it.

“Gotcha!” He said when he caught me.

Shit!

I turned my back on him to hide my red face. And I saw Pamela smiling at me.

“What are you smiling at?” I asked her after the class.

“I think you found the person for you.” She giggled.

“What?”

“Don’t be blinded by your pain.”

With her words I contemplated. I didn’t sleep well last night. And it was not because of Ismael. It was because of the kiss-well the accidental kiss.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I pretended.

“Dean, I know you.” She said meaningfully. “Bye.” She walked away.

I rolled my eyes and started to traverse my way home when I heard someone behind me, whistling.

I turned and saw Grey, with his hands on his pockets.

“Hi.” He said and flashed his smile.

And for the first time, I noticed his lips, so seductive for a man.  I didn’t noticed I’m already touching my lips, remembering the feeling when his lips was against mine.

He narrowed his eyes with his smile widening. “Were you thinking about the kiss?”

Then I’ve been brought back to reality. Shit! What’s happening with me? I seem to be disoriented. I turn around immediately and hastily walked.

I heard him laughed. The bastard!