Chapter 17 - Surprised and overwhelmed

If there's something odd this day, that's when I don't see Grey on any of our classes. I should be happy that nobody's bugging me and that I finally had a peaceful day. But what's funny is I feel like I miss him.

I feel like I kinda miss his annoying smile. I feel like I'm not comfortable not having him around.

Sigh, what's happening with me by the way?

I shook my head and trudged towards the locker room. I placed my books and went out to go home.

'I can't go home tonight, I'll make it up to you. Happy Birthday Dear.'

I sighed again after I remembered my mother's text earlier. She's busy.

I guess that's what you get when she's the only one working for us.

Upon reaching the gate, I was disappointed when there's no smiling Grey waiting for me. Sigh. I think I am already used to him waiting for me every afternoon. Where could that guy be?

He would wear that smile of his as he leans on his flashy Saab. I shook my head upon remembering that scene every afternoon.

Sigh. Why am I looking for him anyway?

I walked home slowly savoring every moment. okay mom's not home tonight so I guess I'll be celebrating alone.

I decided to walk straight towards a diner and ordered something for myself. After all it's my birthday and I deserve a treat for myself.

"I'll take that out please." I said to the attendant and she gladly put it in a take out box.

By the time I arrived at home, it's already dark and as I have guessed, the house is dark. I sighed as I tucked my shoes before opening the door. I reached for the switch but the light didn't turn on. I tried again and still nothing happened. I looked outside, others have power, why on earth that we don't? I'm pretty sure I paid the bill last week.

"this is amazing." I muttered ironically under my breath after I bumped against our center table when I put my bag on the couch.

I made my way through the kitchen door and all of a sudden lights flooded the room and I heard a pop. seconds later, I'm showered with confettis and serenaded by world's mostly played song.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAN!" they all exclaimed after.

I saw Pam, Sherry, Bella and some colleagues from the voyager.

"Wow, thank you." I said gleefully.

Yeah, I was gleeful but my eyes were looking for a particular person.

Then someone cleared his throat. As if on cue, they all made a clearing in front for me to see Grey. Yeah, Grey was holding the cake in his hands. For a moment I don't know how to react but when he looked up to see me, I can't help but laugh.

Well, who wouldn't? He was wearing a bunny hat on his head and a fake bunny teeth on his face.

"I am Mr. Bunny and I am here to greet you a happy birthday." He mumbled over his fake bunny teeth as he twitched his nose.

Corny I know but I don't understand why it gives me the urge to laugh so hard.

I realized I'm laughing so hard. however, I fake coughed when I found out that I'm the only one laughing. I cleared my throat. I looked back at Grey whone amusement was already palpable.

his lips was curving with that smile.

"Make a wish." He said as he brought the cake closer.

My gaze darted from the cake towards his eyes gleaming against the light from the candles. Then my sight landed pon his fake teeth and I smirked.