one

luz p.o.v

i wake up to my alarm going off. the beeping noise was annoying, i hated it. that meant school, and my grades are really slipping. i open my eyes to turn off my alarm. i groan as i get up, my long hair tuffs a mess. the time was 9:20 and i had to be at my lecture at noon. i stretch and pop my body, each crack sending relief throughout my joints. i get up, open my door, and walk out to the hallway of the owl house. i walk down the steps and turn to my left in the kitchen.

King was eating cereal while Eda drank some coffee. "Good morning, kid." Eda said to me with a smile. i say good morning and grab some orange juice from the fridge. i grab a glass from the cupboard, and pour a some into my cup. i walk to Eda and King and take a seat between them. King was crying about how his cereal was getting soggy. King was a great person to live with, sure he was self-entitled and raised himself as though we was a king among everyone. he was very short and short cut hair. it was black while he always added blonde streaks. he wore a necklace that had a 4th of a heart from when me, him, Eda, and Hooty went the carnival when i was 14. although King was 18 when i first met him, he looks like he hasn't aged a bit.

Eda of course looks the same too, i feel like she'll never age badly. she's helped me so much to grow, of course i am still in contact with my mother Camila. but with some problems going on in the family i went into foster care, and then met my new family. i got adopted and now i am the happiest i can be! i have two super cool families. i'm happy with my life and i am happy for what i was given.

i turn to Eda and ask how her morning was. she said she was good and that she already can't wait for it to be over. i chuckle and take a sip of orange juice. then i notice... where's Hooty? i ask Eda and she told me he was gardening outside. no wonder it was so quiet. i sigh in relief.

i shouldn't have done that.

"Well hello my fellow family!" Hooty screams walking in covered in dirt. the mood instantly dropped as King, Eda, and me all looked at each other. see Hooty is a great man. really! he has a soft face and well built man, but when he opens his mouth it does not match his body. of course he was funny, but way too loud. he was our body guard for the house and did lots for the house to keep it in shape. we are grateful for him, but question him and everything he says. he lives here rent free because of what he does for the house. King works for Eda as they scam people out of money. of course i don't agree with it, but they insist it's for people to learn from their mistakes.

Hooty complains about the garden and how it isn't to his liking. once i got too annoyed i got up and made the excuse i needed to go to school early to catch up. i ran up to my room and could still hear him speaking. i get dressed as fast as i could into my casual clothing, put on deodorant, brush my hair and tuffs, and brush my teeth. i run down the stairs and say goodbye fast. i hop on my bike and ride away to Hexside. once i just arrive on campus i look at my phone to see i still have a hour till class. i groan and look around for something to do.

gift shop? no. Willow, Gus, and i already are stocked on school spirit merchandise. library? no. i always get yelled at for talking too loud. coffee? sure. the caffeine might help keep me awake in class. i ride over to the coffee shop and lock my bike. i walk in to smell the sweet smell of coffee, fresh coffee. it's super cottagecore in here and feels so homey. i go up to the desk to see a long haired girl on her phone not noticing i'm here. she did have both her earbuds in so i can understand why she couldn't, i could slightly hear the beat and it sounded so familiar. i tap on the desk right in front of her.