Chapter One

For the last three years, Robin Nyx had been living the same routine. From Monday through Friday, she'd wake up at seven thirty in the morning, shower, get dressed, straighten her hair then head out to her first job. She'd work at the clothing store from nine in the morning until noon. After a quick thirty minute lunch, she'd walk to the other side of the mall and begin her shift at the drug store until closing time at seven thirty. She'd head home, make a meal which no normal human would consider healthy, and then watch some YouTube before heading off to bed at midnight.
Saturday and Sunday were the worst, seeing as there was no real routine for either days. Robin tried to go grocery shopping every Saturday but some weeks she just didn't need anything. She hated when things didn't follow a schedule or routine, but she couldn't control any of it.
And that's how she live for three years, rarely going out with her friends or finding people to date. The last date Robin went out on ended horribly, her date screaming she was psychotic for not making any room in her life for anything except work.
She let out a small grunt at the memory before continuing to stock shelves at the drug store, she didn't need anyone anyways. Well, that's what she told herself.
"Hey, Robin, you have a call on line nine." She looked over at her coworker --Mike-- and gave a nod, standing up as brushing off her pants.
"Who is it?" Mike shrugged, running his hand through his blond hair.
"Some chick who sounded crazy." Robin gave a small chuckle as she nodded.
"Alright, I'll go see who it is, thank you." Mike just nodded as he headed back to his till, leaving Robin to head to the back room.
She quickly made her way to the safety of the small room as she picked up the phone and pressed for line nine. "Hello, Robin Nyx."
"Robbie!" She let out a small groan.
"Hi Ziegs, and I've told you not to call me that." A laugh came from the British woman as Robin rolled her eyes, they never listened to her.
"Robbie, Robin, same thing." No, not the same at all, but Robin kept silent as Ziegs continued. "Anyways, Cheyenne and I were wondering if you'd like to come out to the bar with us tonight?"
"Ziegs-"
"Hold on," the other girl interrupted, "before you say 'no', Ryan, Russ, Scott, and some mystery guy will be there."
Robin bit her lip as she twirled her long brown hair between her fingers. She did really like Scott, he was good company, but this was breaking routine...
"Please, Robin! And if you're lucky, you could hook up with Scott!"
Robin let out a snort as she leaned against the wall. "He's in a relationship, I wouldn't do that to them."
"Wrong, they broke up a few days ago. Girl, do you even check Facebook or Twitter?" Robin scoffed as she rolled her eyes.
"I'm still not going to do that to him, and you mentioned a 'mystery man' earlier?" The line was silent for a moment before Ziegs let out a small 'oh yeah'.
"Ryan wouldn't tell us who he was, my money's on either Traggy or Nick." Ziegs stated matter of factly.
"Why would he bring Sp00n or Traggy without telling us? It's obviously someone new." Ryan was horrible at keeping secrets, there was no way it was those two.
"No matter, we're heading out at eight, the usual place if you want to go." Robin let out a small hum to show that she heard before the two quickly said goodbye. She let out a sigh as she hung up the phone. On one hand, she could see Scott again and meet this new guy, but on the other hand, this would completely ruin her routine.
She headed up to the front till to open the second register and also to ask Mike for advice. "So? Who was it so I can know for next time." Robin let out a small laugh as she began to scan an older woman's items.
"My friend Ziegs, she wants me to go drinking with her and a few friends tonight." Robin looked towards the woman with a small smile on her face. "That'll be ten dollars and fifty cents."
"I think you should go, after all it's Friday so you can get wasted." The woman handed over the change as Robin rolled her eyes.
"Yes, the perfect way to spend my Friday evening, getting drunk off my ass." Mike let out a small laugh before turning off the light at his till and heading over to close up the front doors for the night, Robin finishing up the last few people.
"When do they want you? I could give you a lift." Robin glanced over at Mike with curiosity.
"Since when do you offer rides to me?" She smirked as he bushed slightly.
"I just, uh, I'm being nice! Okay?!" Robin let out a small chuckle before helping close up, both heading to the back room to change out of their uniforms.
Robin quickly slipped on her baggy but comfortable grey shirt before pulling on skinny jeans, running her hands through her hair as she walked out of the small bathroom. "How do I look?"
Mike turned around, he was in a black and red plaid button up shirt and baggy blue jeans. "Like you're ready to go to the bar." Robin rolled her eyes as she gave him a small shove.
"Is your offer to drive me still up?" He nodded as he lead the way out, Robin closing and locking the back door behind herself.
"Which bar?" Mike asked as he unlocked the doors to his pickup truck, hopping into the drivers seat while Robin climbed up into the passengers seat.
"The Late Night Bar."