Chapter 22

Yoongi looked at Hyun who was standing in front of him with a thick stash of papers clutched tightly in his hands.

Hyun wasn't looking too happy but he seemed to be a bit relieved for the fact that all his hard work had paid off. The eyebags were as clear as day and Yoongi frowned as he saw them.

Yoongi knew that the man was a workholic who would rather spend his time doing something or the other that was related to his work and if not, then the man wasn't Hyun anymore, it was an imposter who was trying to fool Yoongi.

At often times, Yoongi had told him to take it easy but this man would never listen. He would spend his nights doing unnecessary work just to make sure that the crown prince didn't have too much work to do.

Yoongi would sometimes feel as if he were being pampered by him. Hyun would try to give him as less work as possible and it made him feel like he was somehow depending on Hyun. This was never good for a monarch. To depend on someone else was like proving to the people that he wasn't competent enough to run the country.

Yoongi didn't want to lean on someone but Hyun never minded it. For him, it was his sworn duty to look after the crown prince and help lessen the burden on his shoulders. Although Yoongi didn't like it too much, he was still thankful that he had someone like that by his side to help him.

If it weren't for Hyun, Yoongi might not have been able to reign for so long but of course Hyun wasn't the only one getting all the credits.

Yoongi looked towards his right where there stood two generals with their heads held up, looking straight ahead. There were a lot of people that Yoongi wanted to thank but he would never actually do it because he wasn't the type of man who had learned how to show gratitude like that.

He was born and raised a prince. A prince is supposed to be the hope and light of the people, he's supposed to be the one who helps others and receives their gratitude. For a prince to say thank you to someone who was assigned to do his job by being on the prince's side? It was something outrageous and if the old king was still alive to see such a thing happening, he would've coughed up blood and died on the spot all over again.

This may have been one of the reasons why Yoongi would never say the words 'Thank you' to any of these people that were on his side. He might be afraid to anger his father who was probably chilling in the afterlife or maybe he was too embarassed to say it out loud.

Hyun and the two generals had grown up with this crown prince so of course they would not want such casual gratitude to be showered on them. Gestures spoke louder than words and it was enough for them to know that they had somehow been a great help to their friend and their beloved country.

Yoongi wouldn't just casually say thank you but he would surely show it in a lot more other ways such as... By not killing them perhaps¿

Who knows what magic this crown prince had done on them for them to be so loyal to their royal highness.

"You shouldn't make a hasty decision," Yoongi heard Jungkook speak up and he also saw Jimin nudging him for being so rude to the crown prince.

Yoongi nodded his head in agreement, "we can't let the cat know that we have its ball of thread."

"Huh?" Jungkook had never heard such a saying before nor had anyone else so when they heard it for the first time today, they were all confused and didn't know what the crown prince was trying to say.

Yoongi sighed as he realised that these guys were just too dumb to understand the deeper meanings behind his own philosophical words.

"It means we can't let the suspect know that he is the suspect."