Chapter 15

That evening, Yoongi went to drink tea in the Hwang manor which was home to one of the oldest court officials who was rather close to the late king.

Yoongi had never liked the man simply because of this man's tendency to change colors. When the old king had died, this man was one of those court officials who were against Yoongi ascending the throne and his excuse for it was because he felt like everyone should respect the wishes of the late emperor. It was bullshit. The man didn't want Yoongi to ascend the throne because of selfish reasons.

After a few weeks of the death of the old emperor, this man had secretly sent in a petition to change the court. Since there were no other heirs except Yoongi, he proposed that the government should change its workings; there should be no one ruler and instead there should be ten people who would rule together, the decisions taken would be among these ten selected people. He proposed a more democratic government.

Yoongi didn't dislike the idea but when he investigated about it a bit further, he wanted to laugh his ass off at the brains of this cunning old man. The ten candidates who would rule were preset and out of which, six were related to him. He was basically proposing the idea to let his family and friends rule this nation under the facade of a democratic rule.

It was a laughable joke and there was no way Yoongi would ever agree to it.

Although this old Hwang was on his father's side and disliked Yoongi, he would never show his feelings openly. He was like a fox in a shepherd's clothing. Waiting for the perfect moment to attack.

The old man whose face had seen the ruins of time, wore a smile as he welcomed the crown prince. His wrinkles became even more apparent as his lips curled upwards. He looked innocent at first glance and if Yoongi didn't know this man any better, he would be fooled to think that this man was as innocent and harmless as he looked.

"Your highness, welcome to my humble home."

Yoongi only nodded as he stepped in. He didn't like this old fox but he had no reason to fire him from the court and with that being the case, he couldn't outrightly show his hatred towards this man, however, this didn't mean that he was going to fake friendliness.

The old man was one of those proud types of people who felt like they were better than the rest and deserved to be respected. In his eyes, although he referred to Yoongi as his highness, a title much above him, it was all empty words. He had not even an ounce of respect for the crown prince, this foolish man was much younger in age than him and didn't know how the world worked.

Yoongi knew that behind that friendly smile, the man had such little respect for him but he was naturally not going to call him out for it.

The old face, wrinkly, and smiling didn't change but the feelings of the owner underwent a change to the south. He felt like this crown prince was an eye sour, always acting so mighty as if nothing in the world could touch him. Not showing respect to elders, he was sure to one day get himself into big trouble.

The two people who were at odds headed inside where there was a table prepared for them, placed on the table was delicious snacks and a teapot with two cups on either side of the table.

The snacks and the tea looked inviting but Yoongi would naturally not dare touch them. Even though he had said that he was here for tea, he was not going to drink something that might very well contain poison.

He sat down on one side and didn't even glance at the snacks or the tea, his eyes were focused on the old man who sat in front of him.

"Your highness, what brings you here?" The man cut to the chase since he was also not interested in making small talks with this young crown prince.