chapter 3

Accepting the neighbouring prince as a hostage was one thing whereas giving him the title of a prince was another. At this moment, in the court where all officials would usually have different opinions, today, shared the same thought.

'The crown prince was too impulsive this time.'

"Your highness, please think about the consequences."

"Your highness, it's too soon for you to make such a decision."

"That prince could be a spy sent here with ill intentions, I suggest your majesty to be cautious."

"This loyal subject just wishes for the safety of your highness."

"That dog's mother is not so simple-minded, I'm afraid she is already plotting something against your highness."

"This subject dares to ask your highness to take back his verdict."

"Your highness, please think carefully."

"Stop!!" The crown prince exclaimed in anger, his eyes glinting with a murderous aura. "This is my kingdom, my court, and my decision!! Who in here dares to question my decision, come forth!!"

The whole court was quiet, everyone holding in their breaths and gulping back the words they had previously wanted to say.

"Do you no longer have faith in me?! Am I just a figurehead here?! Speak if you dare!!" The crown prince yelled in anger, "caution? Spy? Are you sure that good-for-nothing prince is the one I should fear or is it the people inside this court who dare question me and criticize me so openly?! One can already guess what you all have to say behind my back. Have you all forgotten who I am?..... Speak!!"

Everybody bowed down their heads and kneeled down on the floor immediately.

"Fine then!! Since all of you want me to be cautious, I'll listen to your suggestions. I'd be investigating each and every minister present here and I'd also be investigating every servant and officer working in the royal palace!! And in case I find a spy or a traitor, be ready to be beheaded with your whole family. The court is now dismissed, you may all leave. Stay inside your manors and rest well, do not even dare try to run away cause if you do, I won't be showing you any mercy."

"Your highness please forgive us for our rude b-behavior. This subject has greatly offended you and deserves to be punished." One of the ministers spoke up, his voice shaking from fear.

"If you know what you had done wrong, I suggest you wait patiently for your punishment." The crown prince replied coldly, "If a minister had done wrong, l, as the crown prince would surely not be biased." His right eye twitched in anger as he spoke, "Now get lost!! All of you!!"

The officials who had previously stood inside the court arguing so confidently were now scurrying off in fear, like a dog, they tucked their tails between their legs and ran back to their respective manors at once.

Inside the courtroom, the crown prince held his head with his right hand and gently massaged it to relieve his growing headache. A man in iron armor arrived only a few moments ago and had been standing by his side silently, having witnessed the whole commotion. This was the same soldier who had previously escorted Taehyung to the peach blossom manor.

"Send the order. This court needs to be disinfected thoroughly. How dare they still look down on me without cleaning their own backyards."

*clean up your own
backyard before barging
into someone else's.
Basically meaning to
make sure one is
perfect before pointing
at others.