Chapter 21

The soft sunshine peeked through the window curtains as a man with a fierce look plastered on his face, stood by silently, looking at the letter in his hand.

The man who stood behind him stepped back with his head bowed down and his shoulders quivering slightly due to the fear. 

Hanyu's grip on the paper grew stronger and as a result, creases started to form on the paper. 

He immediately scrunched the paper into a ball as he finished reading it and threw it back at the face of the man who was standing behind him. 

"Why am I only finding this out now?" Hanyu asked, his voice louder than usual with so much pressure that it made the man in front of him fall to his knees. 

"Your h-highness..." The man didn't dare look up at the face of the man in front of him. 

Hanyu glared at the man and didn't let him speak before he ordered, "Get him back here." 

The man did not move from his place and instead, he started to hit his head against the ground as he spoke, "Forgive me for being so incompetent." 

Hanyu didn't say anything nor did he try to stop the man in front who was trying to kill himself by banging his head against the floor.

A minute passed and the man finally stopped as he saw the floor getting smeared by his blood. Maybe he didn't want to stain the floor with his blood or he might have started to finally feel the pain kicking in. Whatever the reason was, it caused him to stop ruining the floor.

When he peeked up to see the reaction of the man he wasn't too shocked to see Hanyu looking at him with an unfazed expression and crossed arms.

"I gave you an order," Hanyu decided to finally speak up and it wasn't in a kind tone at all, "Get him here!"

The kneeling man was left in a sticky situation as he didn't know what he was to do. Of course, he understood who the 'he' in the conversation was but although he understood it, it didn't mean that he could quietly go and complete the order that was given to him.

He had been a eunuch for more than ten years and never in his life had he dealt with such a situation.

Hanyu wanted him to go and retrieve their young prince that had been sent to the enemy kingdom but how could that be possible?

It was the queen's decision to abandon her son so how could a mere eunuch go to the enemy kingdom to go against his queen's wishes just to retrieve a person who would possibly bring with him a war?

He could understand Hanyu's feelings. This man was much younger than him and had already been burdened with the title of the countries next king. This eunuch had seen him grow so of course, he knew how close this man was to his brother.

Hanyu and Taehyung were worlds apart from each other in topics of talent and personality, but somehow, they were able to have such a harmonious relationship with each other that it struck jealousy within the hearts of others who could only wish to have something like that.

The eunuch would dare not refuse to complete the order and he would dare not complete it as well. This was a sticky position to be in and he suddenly started to wonder if he made a good decision earlier to hand over the letter he found to Hanyu.

If he hadn't been so eager to hand over the letter, he might not have been in this position at this moment. When he thought about it a bit more he shivered a bit as he realized it might have been worse if Hanyu were to find out the truth by himself.

Now that he had handed the letter over, he could at least be called a trustworthy servant but if he hadn't done this, he was afraid his head wouldn't have been attached to his body for too long.