Chapter 31

The frost that embraces the petals of the cherry blossom have started to melt away just like my heart that has learned how to love you.

___________________

It had only been two days since Taehyung was in jail and Yoongi was already dying with worry. He hadn't slept a wink and his mind was so preoccupied with thoughts of the man that he was clumsy even at work.

Hyun tried his best to reassure Yoongi by saying words such as, "He won't be harmed at all. We'll make sure that the young prince is comfortable there."

Every time Hyun would say such a thing, Yoongi would simply nod and agree even though he refused to believe such words cause there was no way life in jail could be comfortable! It was jail!

In reality, Hyun wasn't lying when he said Taehyung was receiving special treatment in jail. Even, Taehyung himself felt as if everything was a joke and almost wanted to teach these people how a prisoner should be treated.

They would bring him food that was so delicious that even before it appeared in front of him, he could still smell it's mouthwatering scent. There was no shortage of water and the two guards who were stationed in front of his jail cell would politely ask him if he needed something.

The other prisoners couldn't help but be shocked as they saw this man receiving such special treatment. Some were amazed and some were spiteful about it. Since this was a prison, wasn't everyone supposed to be treated the same?! This was unjust discrimination!

One of the prisoners asked Taehyung what he had done to be thrown in jail and when Taehyung narrated the whole incident, the prisoner who had asked the question choked. He couldn't believe it and almost thought this man was joking but when he looked at the guards and got a strong response, he was even more shocked as he asked, "How come your head is still attached to your body?"

"Eh? Maybe cause I have thick skin? It's hard to cut my neck hehehe..." Taehyung chuckled as he responded.

The man only shook his head as he decided that it was better not to interact with such a fearless person.

Being fearless was good but sometimes, a bit of fear was needed in order to keep yourself alive.

Taehyung didn't think about it any further and continued eating the delicious dumplings that had been ordered especially for him. These dumplings were from the shop that he and Yoongi had visited previously so it need not be said how much he loved these dumplings.

.

.

.

Hanyu looked at the shadow guards that were kneeling before him as he gritted out, "You were sent here to look after him! Just what the hell have you been doing?!"

The shadow guards didn't move an inch as they kept their head down low and simply listened to Hanyu shouting and scolding them.

"You had one job! How dare you show your head before me?! Is my one brother too much for you to handle?! There are more than ten of you here!" Hanyu glanced around and his eyes fell on a man that was shaking from fear as he kneeled down before him and tried to make his existence as small as possible in order to not be noticed, "Shao Lan!"

"Yes, your highness!" Shao Lan immediately hit his head on the ground as he responded loudly.

"How old are you?!"