Chapter 24

This was probably the first time in history that anyone was running away from a shop so that they don't have to collect the extra money they were going to be returned. The people who saw the two running, didn't know what had happened so they immediately thought that the two had stolen something and run away without paying up.

Among the people who watched the situation was a man who worked as a trainer in the royal training ground for militants. The man was casually checking out the street stall when he heard shouting and the running footsteps of two men. He was an officer so he felt like it was his job to step up in such a situation. He put the cup in his hand back at the stall from which he had picked it up and ran after the two thieves. 

Taehyung was laughing as he ran with his hand tightly wrapped around Yoongi's wrist. He tried his best to dodge the people as he bent and slid between them. Running in such a busy street was hard, especially if the people were not willing to move aside. If it was Yoongi alone, he was sure to be obstructed and would not be able to run like this, but Taehyung was different. 

When Yoongi saw the man's talent in avoiding the crowd and slipping through them, he was sure that this wasn't the first time this man was running away from something like this. He couldn't be too sure but he knew that Taehyung was way too skilled at this. 

In fact, he was right. Taehyung was well versed in this. He was a troublemaker, and if there was something all troublemakers needed to know, it would be how to run away in all situations. It was like the most basic rule of all troublemakers and maybe the inventor of such rule was Taehyung who had, at some point, become an expert at it. 

"Stop right there!" Yoongi heard someone yelling behind them and it made him glance back to look at the owner who was hardly visible due to the crowd that obstructed the view between them, "Stop!" 

Yoongi squinted as he tried to take a closer look and his speed also decreased unconsciously as he tried his best to figure out who the man calling behind them was. There was a reason why he was so serious to know who was chasing after them. The voice sounded a bit too familiar and it made Yoongi's curiosity rise. He felt like he knew the man who was calling after him, but it wasn't Hyun. It was someone else but he couldn't be too sure if his guesses were correct. 

"Your highness, look ahead." Yoongi felt Taehyung tugging at his hand and when he heard this, he immediately snapped his head to the front only to be met by a stranger's sturdy back. The impact of the hit caused his hat to almost fall off as he took a few steps back to stable himself. 

Taehyung pulled Yoongi towards him and bowed his head to the stranger whom the crown prince had bumped into, "We apologize." 

Yoongi only looked at Taehyung with a bit of surprise. He had never really apologized to someone so of course, he wasn't planning to apologize right now, but when he saw Taehyung apologizing for his own careless, there was a sense of guilt in his heart and it made him lightly bow his head as he muttered, "I'm sorry."

Taehyung didn't wait around to hear if the man had forgiven them or not as he pulled Yoongi after him and further into the crowd. 

Yoongi was still running when Taehyung immediately stopped and it caused the two to collide. 

"Why are we stopping?" Yoongi asked as he followed Taehyung's line of sight which ended in a wine shop. 

Yoongi suddenly had a foreboding feeling in his stomach, but before he could say anything or before Taehyung could answer his question, someone else had already caught up to them and the first thing the man did was pull Yoongi by his back collar. 

"I asked you to stop, you piece of-" Whatever the man was about to say was gulped back down his throat as he saw the white-colored veil and Yoongi's light facial features that were visible through it.